none
Spinning Circle after cloned SSD RRS feed

• Question

• I cloned my Windows 10 hard drive to a new Solid State SSD. I used the automatic cloning in Acronis. Upon boot to the SSD, it takes me to light blue screen warning that a device is missing with options to try again or hit F8. If I hit F8 to go to the advanced options menu, if I click "Disable early launch antimalware protection", I get the black screen with Blue Windows logo and the spinning circle of dots underneath and it continues indefinitely.

When I boot back into the hard drive installation, I then get very spotty performance of Windows Explorer, with it eventually locking up.

I've cloned the hard drive to the SSD twice now with the same results.

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 6:26 PM

Answers

• Back up your data and go for a Clean installation.

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 11:43 PM
  • Hi Mike,

Firstly, please check if your boot sequence is correct. To access it, you need enter to BIOS with pressing one function key depending on exact model of computer.

If it's ok, it might be your clone process has some issues. Since there is no Microsoft official built-in Clone tool, it's hard to figure out the culprit based on the third-party tool. It's recommended as S.Sengupta, backup and reinstall on the SSD directly using the Media Creation Tool:

Get Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 7:13 AM

All replies

• Back up your data and go for a Clean installation.

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 11:43 PM
  • Hi Mike,

Firstly, please check if your boot sequence is correct. To access it, you need enter to BIOS with pressing one function key depending on exact model of computer.

If it's ok, it might be your clone process has some issues. Since there is no Microsoft official built-in Clone tool, it's hard to figure out the culprit based on the third-party tool. It's recommended as S.Sengupta, backup and reinstall on the SSD directly using the Media Creation Tool:

Get Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 7:13 AM