none
windows complete pc restore RRS feed

• Question

• good day to all i wonder if some body can help with a proble with an acer aspire 9300 series laptop which is having serious problems. problem 1 windows explorer was closed to help protect your computer data execution prevention has closed windows explorer/windows explorer stopped working. there was an error code but i did not get chance to write this down due to system restsrting every few seconds. this computer belongs to a friend who asked me to look at it, i ran all the tests i was able to get at like anti-virus and anti-spy which i belive  is a cause but all software says no problem.

second problem related is after i logged on as an administrator i attempted to use windows complete pc restore. error incorrect function 0x80070001.

this is the only problems preventing me sorting out  this problem all other areas including hard drive are ok. i sought more info from my friend and i was told he had downloaded a film from the internet after which the problems began, he has no restore points on system according to restore options. any help would be gratefull. thankyou
    Thursday, May 10, 2007 10:24 AM