none
Win 7 64bit and Logitech Quickcam Fusion Driver & Software Crashes with Release Candidate

Question

• I have Windows 7 64bit Ultimate RC build 7100 installed and I could never get the Logitech driver and software for their Quickcam working.  I waited until they released their software for Windows 7 64bit and I tried to install that.  Needless to say it bombed my system big time and I even needed to get into Safe Mode to remove their software and the driver.

What I want to know is this, if I do a clean install of the retail version, will the Logitech Quickcam software driver and software work?
    Al

Saturday, October 31, 2009 3:47 PM

Answers

• Hello AL,

First you might go to Device Manager, right click your hardware device in the list and select Update Driver Software; then click Search automatically for updated driver software.

Note: Drivers on the Windows Update site are directly provided by hardware manufacturers. Microsoft tests drivers in various environments before they are published; however, we cannot guarantee all drivers will work on all hardware platforms as there are too many different models, although their hardware ID are the same as the standard version. In some cases, due to hardware modifications by different manufacturers, the driver updates may cause some error.

If it does not work on your issue, I'd suggest you installing the Vista driver in Compatibility mode. Remove and rescan that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file -> Properties and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver via Run as administrator. In addition, you can use the Windows XP driver for testing.

Meanwhile, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; you might wait or push the device manufacturer to upgrade its driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

For more details, please look at the first Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

What can I do if my hardware does not work?

This will give you some guidelines.

Good Luck!

Andy

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Tuesday, November 10, 2009 12:34 PM
    Monday, November 02, 2009 7:39 AM

All replies

• Hello AL,

First you might go to Device Manager, right click your hardware device in the list and select Update Driver Software; then click Search automatically for updated driver software.

Note: Drivers on the Windows Update site are directly provided by hardware manufacturers. Microsoft tests drivers in various environments before they are published; however, we cannot guarantee all drivers will work on all hardware platforms as there are too many different models, although their hardware ID are the same as the standard version. In some cases, due to hardware modifications by different manufacturers, the driver updates may cause some error.

If it does not work on your issue, I'd suggest you installing the Vista driver in Compatibility mode. Remove and rescan that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file -> Properties and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver via Run as administrator. In addition, you can use the Windows XP driver for testing.

Meanwhile, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; you might wait or push the device manufacturer to upgrade its driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

For more details, please look at the first Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

What can I do if my hardware does not work?

This will give you some guidelines.

Good Luck!

Andy

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Tuesday, November 10, 2009 12:34 PM
    Monday, November 02, 2009 7:39 AM
  • Thanks for the good reply!  This is the reply I just got from Logitech:

"Unfortunately, according to the product number of your webcam, the QuickCam Fusion that you have is not compatible with the Windows 7 platform. The software for your webcam is the QuickCam 11 which is not compatible with the Windows 7."  I guess I got one of their "special" Quickcam Fusion webcams.  :-(

It does not sound like Logitech will be working on an update for my Fusion webcam.  I sold this Logitech webcam and I have a Microsoft Lifecam Cinema on order.

Al

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 9:18 PM
  • Ya.... I was looking for a way to get my logitech quickcam fusion working on windows 7...  I spent a long time trying to figure it out... I know that the logitech website says my version is not compatible with windows 7... but guess what.... after some time i actually got it to work... it was weird... my computer would only recognize it as an audio device... after fooling around with it... and downloading just about every logitech driver for quickcam fusion... i ended up doing some optional updates for my computer in windows updates.... while doing this i was in skype IM... and i saw that the start a video call button popped up... so i checked... and my cam was up and working....
    Saturday, November 14, 2009 5:57 PM
  • Yes the webcam works with the Microsoft drivers, what does not work with my webcam is the Logitech software with all their special features - the fun part.  With out that it is just a plain webcam at an expensive price.

Al

Saturday, November 14, 2009 6:08 PM
  • I am sure that I can figure out how to get it to do the facial tracking if I keep working at it...
    Saturday, November 14, 2009 6:25 PM
  • Send your resume to Logitech because they can't.  I no longer care because I no longer own any Logiitech products.
    Al
    Sunday, November 15, 2009 4:25 PM
  • how did you get it to work exactly? i have a logitech quick im cam and windows 7 64 bit and they do not get along
    Saturday, November 21, 2009 4:15 PM
  • Dethdol go to start and type in windows update. Click on optional updates and you might find something for logitech in there. If so download that and it should work.  If not you should download the option updates that arent the language packs. Then restart your computer and go back to start and type in windows update.  Click on optional updates again (have your logitech camera plugged in) and see if anything new is in there.  If so download the optional updates yet again and restart.  This worked for me and hopefully it will work for you.
    Saturday, November 21, 2009 6:47 PM
  • That is not true as :

QuickCam Fusion Part number 861304-0000 is compatible, the one with 861196-0000 is not compatible.

You just need one with a compatible part number to work with windows 7 with no issues

Sunday, January 10, 2010 5:54 PM
  • That is not true as :

QuickCam Fusion Part number 861304-0000 is compatible, the one with 861196-0000 is not compatible.

You just need one with a compatible part number to work with windows 7 with no issues

QuickCam Fusion 861304-0000 Yes LWS
    QuickCam Fusion 861196-0000 
    861263-0000
    No N/A

Yep the Logitech site says it wont work but if you add the driver via WIndows Update it does work.

I have one of the later webcams that LogiTech say don't work and are unsupported (no drivers). 

I tried installing with Vista Compat mode etc. Tried everything. Then I saw the post above. I uninstalled the Logitech driver (that I forced to installed), rebooted and ran Windows Setup with camera attached. There was the logitech Fusion driver in the list, Installed it and it worked immediately. Thank you! These bloody logitech camera are way to expensive to keep throwing away. Microsoft camera's are better priced and looking better all the time.

I can live without all the fancy Logtech extra's.

Rob Chandler http://Helpware.net
    Sunday, February 07, 2010 5:53 AM