none
Microsoft tun miniport adapter 2 cannot start error code 10

Question

• My laptop stopped working properly. It cannot find the wireless signal. Looking for the problem, I found out that the 'microsoft tun miniport adapter 2`is cannot be started because of error code 10. I tried disable/enable, unisntall/reinstall operations with no result. Please help me solving this problem. I`m now connecting using a cable!!!
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Monday, November 01, 2010 8:55 PM Moved to proper forum category (From:Windows Vista Networking)
    Sunday, October 31, 2010 9:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You may try the following steps and check if they help:

Step 1: Uninstall the drivers from the Device manager

------------------------------------------

1. Click start

2. Type devmgmt.msc in Start Search and press Enter

3. In Device Manager locate the drivers, right click on it and select the option uninstall.

4. Restart the computer and check.

Step 2: Uninstall the drivers from programs and features

-------------------------------------------

1. Click start

2. Type appwiz.cpl in Start Search

3. Search for the Network driver package and uninstall the package

4. Restart the computer and check.

You may also refer the Manufacturer’s website and download the latest wireless card drivers.

Step 3: Disable IPv6

------------------------------

Try uninstalling IPv6 on all interfaces, removing any IPv6 virtual adapters, and resetting the TCP/IP stack. To remove IPv6, go into the properties for each network adapter and either uncheck the box next to the protocol "Internet Protocol version 6 (TCP/IPv6), that will disable it, or select it and click uninstall, which will remove it off the computer. Then go into device manager and remove any 4to6 adapters, WUN miniport adapters, or tunnel adapters.

NOTE: You should do this for each network connection.

For more information, you may refer the following KB articles:

Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly

How to reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)

How to disable certain Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) components in Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008

Description of Code 10-related errors that Device Manager generates in Windows-based computers

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Monday, November 08, 2010 2:43 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Sabrina Shen Monday, December 06, 2010 9:17 AM
    Tuesday, November 02, 2010 9:21 AM
  • My laptop stopped working properly. It cannot find the wireless signal. Looking for the problem, I found out that the 'microsoft tun miniport adapter 2`is cannot be started because of error code 10. I tried disable/enable, unisntall/reinstall operations with no result. Please help me solving this problem. I`m now connecting using a cable!!!

Could be the network adapter has failed.

Elected! Your votes and support have got me my 2010 MVP!

Developer | Windows IT | Chess | Economics | Hardcore Games | Vegan Advocate | PC Reviews

Tuesday, November 02, 2010 6:37 PM
  • I had this problem and Fix it corrected the error, http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/
    Friday, January 14, 2011 2:54 PM