Driver IRQL not less or equal RRS feed

• Question

• Keep getting this "Driver_IRQL_not_less_or_equal" blue screen, towards the bottom of the blue screen it point to a file 'B57ND60A.SYS'  The os is WIN 7 64bit ruinning on a HP XW8600 workstation, dual quad core zeon processors and 16gb ram.  The file listed looks like perhaps the broadcom Netxtreme gigabit ethernet adaptor may be involved.  Any suggestions????

PCPHD 
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 2:35 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According to the error message, we find it seems to be system crash issue and we need to analyze the crash dump file to narrow down the root cause of the issue. Unfortunately, it is not effective for us to debug the crash dump file here in the forum. Therefore, I would like to suggest that you contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) via telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist with your request.

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;OfferProPhone#faq607

Hope the issue will be resolved soon.

Best Regards,

Vincent Hu

• Marked as answer by Vincent Hu Friday, July 24, 2009 7:03 AM
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 10:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to the error message, we find it seems to be system crash issue and we need to analyze the crash dump file to narrow down the root cause of the issue. Unfortunately, it is not effective for us to debug the crash dump file here in the forum. Therefore, I would like to suggest that you contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) via telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist with your request.

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;OfferProPhone#faq607

Hope the issue will be resolved soon.

Best Regards,

Vincent Hu

• Marked as answer by Vincent Hu Friday, July 24, 2009 7:03 AM
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 10:01 AM
  • Yes, it does appear to be a broadcom driver.

I am assuming that you have installed manufacturer drivers (some driver that does not ship with the Windows install media).

The steps that Vincent outlines can probably help you recover.
    The crash information is helpful for MSFT to prevent this in the future and communicate back to Broadcom.

Beyond doing that, your only viable option is to re-install.
    Brian Ehlert (hopefully you have found this useful)
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 2:54 PM
  • I have been playing more and have, decided that since this seems to happen when the computer is sleeping and we wake it up.  So I have disabled the sleep function and have not had the blue screen since.  I will try the step Vincent suggested maybe next week the week is pretty hecktic.

pcphd
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 12:46 PM