none
Windows boot error code 0xC00000e9

Question

• When booting from windows 7 Installation DVD source in my Windows server 2008 R2 there is an error pertained-Error code 0x00000e9-File: \Boot\BCD (An unexpected I/O error has occured).What is this error? What is the remedy for this?
    MumthazMuhsin
    Thursday, September 08, 2011 7:33 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Did you want to install Windows 7 on your Windows server 2008R2?

The error message: An unexpected I/O error has occurred. Status: (0Xc00000e9) is a hardware error pertaining to your system’s BIOS.  Basically it is telling you that the computer is not able to reliably communicate with the hard drive.

I suggest to update BIOS to the latest version, and try to rebuilt BCD follow these steps in this thread:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winservergen/thread/0e6a7b6a-70de-41af-b2c8-5f8f3c86cef7/

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, September 09, 2011 8:29 AM
  • Hi,

Frist of all, please restart your computer and go to bios and load to default bios setting, then chage you booting device--> your dvd that you are installing windows should have first place and then your Hard Disk Drive.

Let me know the result, please.

Friday, September 09, 2011 2:21 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you want to install Windows 7 on your Windows server 2008R2?

The error message: An unexpected I/O error has occurred. Status: (0Xc00000e9) is a hardware error pertaining to your system’s BIOS.  Basically it is telling you that the computer is not able to reliably communicate with the hard drive.

I suggest to update BIOS to the latest version, and try to rebuilt BCD follow these steps in this thread:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winservergen/thread/0e6a7b6a-70de-41af-b2c8-5f8f3c86cef7/

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, September 09, 2011 8:29 AM
  • Hi,

Frist of all, please restart your computer and go to bios and load to default bios setting, then chage you booting device--> your dvd that you are installing windows should have first place and then your Hard Disk Drive.

Let me know the result, please.

Friday, September 09, 2011 2:21 PM
  • Check your BIOS settings for your hard drive because it could be set in in RAID instead of IDE . After changing the BIOS the computer will install Windows finally! (in my case)

• Edited by Robberderob Wednesday, February 05, 2014 4:32 AM
    Wednesday, February 05, 2014 4:25 AM