none
External Harddrive Issues RRS feed

• Question

• I have a BlacX 2.5/3.5 SATA HDD eSATA & USB Docking Station. I have in it an old hard drive that is now just extra storage. I re-installed my Windows 7 Home Premium backing everything up on this hard drive.

I have checked and rechecked my USB ports. They work like they should with other devices.
    I have checked and rechecked my BlacX docking port on other computers, it works just fine.

I can not get the two to work together. They did before I re-installed my OS.
    I need the two to work together so any hints, tips or tricks would be great!
    Thursday, July 25, 2013 7:13 AM

Answers

• Hi Dustin,

From your post, I understand that the eSATA & USB on your BlacX 2.5/3.5 SATA HDD eSATA & USB Docking Station didn’t work after you reinstall Windows 7.

First, please make sure to connect the power supply, since it sometimes can be caused by lack of power.

Please be aware that unless you enabled SATA AHCI Mode and installed ACHI drivers during the Windows 7 install you more than likely won’t be able to "Hot Plug" your Dock with E-SATA. Let’s try following steps:

1. Enable AHCI driver, please refer to steps in this thread.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/16b420b8-c420-4ed3-aeb8-2e3ec6ea3e13/enabling-sata-ahci-in-win7-64-bit-after-installation

2. Plug your hard drive via eSATA, and restart the computer. If any driver was required to install, just do it.

3. Under Device manager, locate your BlacX 2.5/3.5 SATA HDD eSATA & USB Docking Station and right-click to choose update drivers.

After that, please update your BIOS and Chipset driver, and check the results.

Hope these could be helpful and keep post.

Best Regards, StarSprite

Friday, July 26, 2013 9:25 AM