Can't 'see' secondary gateway

• Hello all,

Recently I have started comming across the following issue at our satellite branch.

Our branch, subnet, has a DSL line to the internet, gateway, and a route to us using a diginet line with a router with the IP address  

Last week Tuesday PC's started loosing the second gateway, By this I mean, if they ping it they get no response, and if I try to get to our subnet I get nothing. The manual route I added to using gateway is still there when I do a route print, this has also started happing now to networked printers.

This is only true for 5 PC's at the rest of them are all working as they should

I have done a route /f and recreated the routes but nothing change.  This is happening on both Windows XP machines and Windows 7 PC's, on WiFi and hard wired connections, so I am at a loss now.  Please anyone with some help.

Thank you in advance

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 2:20 PM

All replies

•   Where is the default route configured? On the default router at

The first thing I would do would be to do a route print on one of the problem machines and see exactly what it looked like, compared to one that works. There has to be something different.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 3:48 AM
  • Hi Some feedback on this, it only seems to be certain IP addresses.  If I change a PC that cannot pint the routers,,  to a new one specifically 5, I get a response from the router, if I change sit to 6 I get no response.  I have found a few IP addresses that works for the network.

Any ideas?

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 1:58 PM