none
Windows 7 64-bit and Atheros AR5B93 wireless adapter issue

Question

• I have an issue with Windows 7 Professional 64-bit and my Atheros AR5B93 wireless network adapter. When I first boot up, the wireless adapter shows networks in range, I connect to my router and it will stay connected for a few minutes, then it stops and I get the red X over my wireless signal bar and shows no networks. I have seen others with this issue, but no fixes as of yet... updated to the latest driver, uninstalled, reinstalled the device all with no results. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is this a compatability issue? Driver issue? Windows 7 issue????
    Friday, December 03, 2010 2:52 AM

Answers

• I think this is caused by your router...

If reinstalling Windows does not help, definitely it is a problem with router.

Try with different router,

if you don't have an another one, try to reset your router to the factory setting (most of time, you have to press something under hole called "Reset" for more than at least 5 sec.)

"Everything we do is dictated by motive."
    Saturday, December 04, 2010 12:07 AM

All replies

• Try this WHQL Windows 7 driver for AR5B93

Friday, December 03, 2010 3:27 AM
  • Well,some good news, now my wireless light stays on, instead of a slow blink, however, still same issues. Connects for minute or two, then red X and can not see wireless networks. Any other suggestions?

Now at driver version 8.0.0.366.

Friday, December 03, 2010 5:07 AM
  • Seems like Windows, or any other application in your task manager is keep turning off your Wireless Adapter.

Try to disable everything from startup, meaning open Msconfig from Start and Check "Diagnostic Startup"

also, referrring this link, turn off power-saving mode.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928152

Friday, December 03, 2010 5:18 AM
  • Ok, I tried msconfig, there is nothing... fresh install with no other programs loaded. Today I even tried a different wireless card (a Dell), same issue. I formated the drive, reinstalled Windows 7, same problem. Im stuck. Let me tell you a little more about this PC. It is a Gateway LT2104u, netbook, it originally came with Windows 7 Starter 32-bit. I bought it used with Umbuto loaded, everything worked just fine. I am trying to put Windows 7 64-bit on, everything else seems to be fine.

Friday, December 03, 2010 11:38 PM
  • I think this is caused by your router...

If reinstalling Windows does not help, definitely it is a problem with router.

Try with different router,

if you don't have an another one, try to reset your router to the factory setting (most of time, you have to press something under hole called "Reset" for more than at least 5 sec.)

Saturday, December 04, 2010 12:07 AM
  • i had this problem with atheros in xp but i solved in this way 1st open atheros client utility then go to "option" from there choice "select client softwear" choose windows & insha Allah problem will solve
    Tuesday, November 08, 2011 6:18 PM
  • 1st - go to device manager > atheros AR5B93 Wireless network adapter > properties > power management > uncheck the option Allow the computer to turn off
    this device to save power
    2nd - go to your pc power options and change the option for network power saving for maximum performance
    3rd - pray to work
    Tuesday, November 05, 2013 9:27 AM