computer constantly boots to startup repair

• ok, so my computer keeps booting up to startup repair, which is a problem since whenever it is done, it reports "startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically" is there any way at all i can fix this without losing my data? i have lots of family pictures that are irreplaceable on it.

the information on it is

PROBLEM EVENT NAME: StartupRepairOfline

PROBLEM SIGNATURE01:  6.1.7600.16385

PROBLEM SIGNATURE02:   6.1.7600.16385

PROBLEM SIGNATURE03:   unknown

PROBLEM SIGNATURE04:   21200862

PROBLEM SIGNATURE05:   AutoFailover

PROBLEM SIGNATURE07:   CorruptFile

OS VERSION:   6.1.7600.

LOCALE ID:   1033

any and all help would be greatly appreciated, like i said, i have many irreplaceable pictures on here i would not like to lose

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 2:14 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please insert the Windows Installation Disk into optical disk drive, then launch Windows RE out. Try to use System Recovery to recover to a working state.

Also, you may access the following similar thread. 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 8:04 AM
  • Hi Matthew92, i hear your having some problems with your start up, if you press F8 or F10 when you boot up just before you get to this screen & select to start up in safe mode you can get passed the boot up, sign in as normal, and click on start button then type in msconfig in the search folder on the bottom, double click on msconfig.exe & make sure your general tab has normal start up selected & then in your services and start up tabs make sure you enable all for both then click apply then ok, then restart the machine hopefully this should cure it?
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 9:00 PM