none
Delivery report error RRS feed

• Question

• I'm getting this error when trying to do a delivery report on a mailbox.

Value specified for a parameter of type Microsoft.Exchange.Diagnostics.MessageTrackingEvent is invalid: SENDEXTERNAL.

Exchange 2013/2016 existence. 2016 mailboxes

Thanks

Thursday, November 14, 2019 11:06 PM

All replies

• Check the values you entered for trace
    Friday, November 15, 2019 1:56 AM
  • Hi Susan_773,

Can you describe how did you perform the operation on the delivery report?

It’s recommended to run the command instead.Please check if there's any issue and post your result back:

Get-MessageTrackingLog -Start <DateTime> -End <DateTime> -EventId <EventId> -Recipients <RecipientAddress1>  -Sender <SenderAddress>

Regards,

Eric Yin

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 15, 2019 11:27 AM
  • I was logged in as an exchange admin/account that should have full rights within exchange.

I logged in as an individual user and the error went away when generating the delivery report so it has to be a permission somewhere.

When using powershell as the exchange admin account, it said I didn't have permission to do so.

Monday, November 18, 2019 4:17 AM
  • Hi Susan_773,
    Run the following commands and check if your admin account is a member of Organization Management,Records Management and Recipient Management.

Get-RoleGroupMember "Organization Management" 

Get-RoleGroupMember "Records Management" 

Get-RoleGroupMember "Recipient Management"

If not, add it in EAC> Admin roles.
    By the way, check if the admin account is mailbox enabled.

Regards,

Eric Yin

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 21, 2019 10:37 AM
  • Hi, I'm here to confirm with you if your issue has been resolved. If the problem is successfully solved, you can share your solution and mark them or the helpful reply as answer, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Regards,

Eric Yin

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 10:32 AM
  • Hi, I'm here to confirm with you if your issue has been resolved. If the problem is successfully solved, you can share your solution and mark them or the helpful reply as answer, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Regards,

Eric Yin

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 9:08 AM