none
HD Audio Front Panel Mic and Line-In listed as 'Not Plugged In' with High Definition Audio Driver in RC1

Question

• My audio is working great, except that when I attempt to use the front panel microphone or headphone connectors.  This is with Vista RC1

In the Sounds control panel under recording devices, the Microphone for the Front Panel connection is listed as 'not plugged in'  (likewise for the Headphone plug - its listed as enabled but 'not plugged in').  If I boot back into XP, the plugs work correctly.

I have an Asus P5W DH motherboard with Realtek HD Audio.  It appears on the surface the Microsoft HD audio driver for Vista is not detecting when devices are plugged/unplugged.  Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks!

Thursday, September 07, 2006 5:15 PM

Answers

• Same problem here.  Running RC1 on Gigabyte GA-8I945GMH-RH with Realtek 882 audio - neither mic or headphones are detected/plugged in on front audio ports.  Rear speaker ports are fine.

Let me know if you resolve it!

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 1:34 PM

All replies

• Same problem here.  Running RC1 on Gigabyte GA-8I945GMH-RH with Realtek 882 audio - neither mic or headphones are detected/plugged in on front audio ports.  Rear speaker ports are fine.

Let me know if you resolve it!

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 1:34 PM
  • this is a well know problem which will is ment to be solved with the april updated's    

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6544089.stm  

look at the last paragraph

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 8:44 PM
  • ..... ummmmm .... April came and went ... no updates or drivers seemed to solve the Realtek HD audio playback device problems Sad
    Thursday, May 31, 2007 6:13 AM
  • I'm having the same problem

I installed windows 7 and I hear sound, but when I click on recording device I see "Microphone - High Def audio device" not plugged (although it is)
    I also don't see any inline option either.
    interesting enough is that I also have a TV card AVerTV. I am able to hear the sound from TV although it does not appear in the recording devices nither.
    Saturday, October 31, 2009 9:10 PM