none
Internet Backgammon Bug

Question

• Apparently, once I nudge someone, if they change their chat status that counts as a user action and they can then continue to do nothing for many, many minutes. Nudge never comes back. 
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 5:30 PM

Answers

• I have seen the same and, in my mind, it touches on a key failing of Microsoft's internet games:  people can act like jerks without suffering any consequence.  When what you are describing has occurred, it is universally when I have clearly won the game.  The person then goes into the stall game that you describe hoping, I expect, that I will bow out, allowing them to accrue the win.

Personally, I wish the internet games came with a reputation system.  New players would start out with low trust reputations.  As they play and exhibit good sportsmanship, their reputations would gain in stature.  Then it would possible to say not only that I want to play with an intermediate or advanced player but that I also want to play with people whose reputations are at a given level of advancement.  Then, I expect, I could count on being able to play with another human and have reasonable expectations that they will stick with the match even when losing.

Also, if a player chooses to resign, it should be counted as a win for me and I should not be forced to play against a computerized player that only wants to bump me onto the bar.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 5:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I suspect the issue may related with the game server.

Also you can go to https://connect.microsoft.com/ to submit the bug.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Leo Huang

TechNet Community Support

Friday, January 20, 2012 3:12 AM
  • I have seen the same and, in my mind, it touches on a key failing of Microsoft's internet games:  people can act like jerks without suffering any consequence.  When what you are describing has occurred, it is universally when I have clearly won the game.  The person then goes into the stall game that you describe hoping, I expect, that I will bow out, allowing them to accrue the win.

Personally, I wish the internet games came with a reputation system.  New players would start out with low trust reputations.  As they play and exhibit good sportsmanship, their reputations would gain in stature.  Then it would possible to say not only that I want to play with an intermediate or advanced player but that I also want to play with people whose reputations are at a given level of advancement.  Then, I expect, I could count on being able to play with another human and have reasonable expectations that they will stick with the match even when losing.

Also, if a player chooses to resign, it should be counted as a win for me and I should not be forced to play against a computerized player that only wants to bump me onto the bar.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 5:46 AM
  • I wish they would to this ruined my upgrade i would have kept xp this sucks

Monday, December 24, 2012 5:05 AM