Downloading offline app package UWP RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

I am trying to download offline package of our UWP app from Microsoft Store for Business.

When I click on "Download for offline use", I am directed to a page where I suppose to be able to download packages.

But on that page a spinner in the middle of the screen never ends and thus I can not download packages for offline use.

I did not have any problems with business store earlier.

How to fix this? Or is there any other way to download or create packages for offline use?

• Edited by Julia_S Friday, November 17, 2017 9:45 AM
    Friday, November 17, 2017 9:45 AM

Answers

• Issue was due to bug in the Windows Store for Business.

It was successfully resolved after contacting Microsoft engineering team.

Julia Sosnenko

• Marked as answer by Julia_S Friday, December 15, 2017 3:30 PM
    Friday, December 15, 2017 3:30 PM

All replies

• I shall suggest you to clear cookies and caches of browser ot try a different browser.

1. Sign in to the Microsoft Store for Business or Microsoft Store for Education.
      • Click Manage, and then choose Apps & software.
    2. Refine results by License type to show apps with offline licenses.
    3. Find the app you want to download, click the ellipses under Actions, and then choose Download for offline use.

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Saturday, November 18, 2017 12:46 AM
  • Hi Julia_S,

Firstly, I suggest that you could perform a clean boot and disable the security software temporarily to check.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

1. Log in to businessstore.microsoft.com, go to Manage and then Inventory.

2. Click on the Refine button, and select Offline. This will refine the list of apps in your inventory and only show those apps that are offline-licensed.

Also please refer to the link below about to download an offline-licensed app.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-store/distribute-offline-apps#download-an-offline-licensed-app

Offline-licensed apps can’t be distributed directly from the Windows Store for Business. You’ll need to download the offline-licensed app and distribute it using any of the following three methods:

Deployment Image Servicing Management (DISM) command line

Windows ICD

Management server

When distributing and deploying offline-licensed apps from the Windows Store for Business with ConfigMgr (or any other management server including the option to use Windows ICD), it’s only supported to use encoded licenses. When deploying (rather installing) an offline-licensed app with DISM, you should use the unencoded license file.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 20, 2017 7:45 AM
  • When I click on Download for offline use. the page just goes faded. There is a  is a spinner and it never stops. It also happens for all of our customers, who tries to download offline packages for our app.

I have been downloading offline packages before and I did not have this issue.

The only difference is that earlier we had TargetDeviceFamily only "Windows.Desktop" and now it is Windows.Universal.

Could this be an issue?

<TargetDeviceFamily Name="Windows.Universal" MinVersion="10.0.14393.0" MaxVersionTested="10.0.15063.674" />

• Edited by Julia_S Monday, November 20, 2017 10:25 AM
    Monday, November 20, 2017 10:25 AM
  • Hi. Carl.

Please see my another response to S.Sengupta.

I don't think performing a clean boot of my computer will resolve the issue, because it happens on different devices, not only on my.

I tried different browsers - Edge, Chrome (on Windows) and Safari on Mac. Same issue.

• Edited by Julia_S Monday, November 20, 2017 11:46 AM
    Monday, November 20, 2017 11:46 AM
  • Hi Julia_S,

Thank you for your clarification.

I understand it now. It is OK before, the only difference is TargetDeviceFamily changed.

As far as I know, Targetdevicefamily is what you use to develop your UWP apps.

So I suggest that you could post the issue to UWP development forum to confirm if it has an impact. And get more information about the issue.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/home?forum=wpdevelop

Best regards,

Carl

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 24, 2017 11:54 AM
  • Hi, Carl.

Thanks very much for reply! I will mark reply as an answer when issue will be resolved. It is still open, unfortunately :(

I created an issue in UWP development forum and hope to get some feedback.

We also contacted Microsoft support team, but they did not provide us any help.

Kind regards,

Julia

Julia Sosnenko

Friday, December 1, 2017 9:52 AM
  • Issue was due to bug in the Windows Store for Business.

It was successfully resolved after contacting Microsoft engineering team.

Julia Sosnenko

• Marked as answer by Julia_S Friday, December 15, 2017 3:30 PM
    Friday, December 15, 2017 3:30 PM