SCCM DB SET UP RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to set up my Configuration Manger 2002 ans entered my db details.

I have done the needful but upon clicking the "next" button, I get the error "Configuration Manger requires Microsoft SQL server 2012 with cumulative update 2 or higher...". Problem is I am using Microsoft SQL server 2016 not 2012.

I am currently stuck at this point any ideas to help me out of this quagmire.

Wednesday, July 22, 2020 5:53 PM

All replies

• This is also common when your user account is not local admin on the system hosting the SQL instance or not a sysadmin in that SQL instance.

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Wednesday, July 22, 2020 6:58 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting in TechNet.

1. As agreed with Jason, please check if the account that we used whether has a sysadmin permission or not. If the account you are running setup with the SQL does not have local admin or sysadmin permissions , this may get the error.
    Also, may we know whether the SCCM and the SQL are set up on two separate devices? If these set up on two devices, we need to add the right on SQL server device.
    We could fix this issue by opening the Management studio to add the sysadmin right in SQL server. Please refer to the images below:
    1). Use local admin user to log in the management studio->right click properties.

2). Find server roles->check the box for sysadmin.

2. Could we turn off the firewall temporarily for the test requirement? This probably cause your SCCM server can't check the SQL version.
    Here is the prerequisite checks for security rights:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/system-center/system-center-2012-R2/hh368980(v=technet.10)?redirectedfrom=MSDN

3. Please check the ConfigMgrSetup.log to see if there is any related set up errors on it.

4. Have you read this article about installing the SQL server?
    Here is a helpful guide to install SQL server:
    https://www.prajwaldesai.com/installing-sql-server-2012-for-configuration-manager-2012-r2/

Thanks for your time.

Best regards,
    Fiona Yan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 23, 2020 3:59 AM
  • Hi,

Hope everything goes well.

May we know the current status of the question? If there is any other assistance we can provide, please feel free to let us know, we will do our best to help you.

Best regards,
    Fiona Yan

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by fionay Tuesday, July 28, 2020 6:36 AM
    Tuesday, July 28, 2020 6:35 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if there is any update. We haven't heard from you for a few days and would like to know the current status of the problem. Is the problem solved? Do you need any further assistance? Look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
    Fiona Yan

• Edited by fionay Wednesday, August 5, 2020 6:08 AM
    Wednesday, August 5, 2020 6:07 AM