none
Windows 10 1703 - Sticky Notes - How to remove "Enable Insights" RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know how to remove the "Enable Insights" prompt that you get when you first launch Sticky Notes in Windows 10 1703? Ideally by GPO, if not, registry?

Many thanks

Thursday, November 2, 2017 10:23 AM

All replies

• Hi asahurst,

I cannot reproduce your issue.
    "Enable Insights" won't appear in my Windows 10 (1703, build 15063.483).

Regards,

Ashidacchi

Thursday, November 2, 2017 11:44 PM
  • Hi asahurst,

Please refer to the link below about how to Enable or Disable Insights feature in Windows 10 When you first open Sticky Notes, the Note will ask you if you want to enable Insights.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/enable-insights-windows-10

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 3, 2017 8:56 AM
  • Hi asahurst,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved?
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    Best regards,
    Carl

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 7, 2017 1:42 PM
  • Hi asahurst,

Any update?

Friday, November 10, 2017 11:54 AM
  • Carl Fan,

Thanks, but that's not really an answer to the question.

Yes, you are correct, when sticky notes are opened for the first time, the "Enable insights" prompt appears. We don't want to know how the prompt works.

Asahurst (along with me) wants to *remove* the prompt. In other words, to make sticky notes open without offering end users the opportunity to enable insights.

I happen to need the same thing. I need either a GPO or a Registry Key that will *prevent* this prompt from appearing.

Thanks!

Friday, November 17, 2017 3:56 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for the update.

I understand it. I try to use the process monitor to capture a Registry changed. But I can't find it. So I consider that it may be changed manually.

Best regards,

Carl

Saturday, December 2, 2017 10:04 AM
  • hey you found a solution yet , i have the same issue 
    Thursday, March 21, 2019 6:28 AM