No internetconnection after windows 10 update RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, After the windows update ran (11/11/2015) my PC won't connect to internet anymore (tried different browsers).  G DATA Internet security came with a message that the firewall could nog be started.  I uninstalled G DATA but that did not help. Windows firewall is not active and cannot be activated.  Also, the windows updates says there was a problem with the latest update.   

I Appreciate your help

G.

Thursday, November 12, 2015 8:11 PM

Answers

• I do not  know about a file for that fix.

For information I can stop the firewall service and still get internet (Windows firewall off no other firewall stops incoming requests in my testing but not out going)

My suggestion is to do a Restore to before the 10th November, then the first chance you get uninstall G DATA. G DATA appears to me the issue it has not removed correctly. Then all being well the update will install correctly.

Friday, November 13, 2015 8:06 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If you cannot connect to the internet the first place I would check after an update would be device manager.

Can you check there and see any unrecognized devices? or drivers with any warnings marked?

Thursday, November 12, 2015 8:31 PM
  • Hi, all devices are working fine. I think the problem lays in the fact that the update did not complete properly. Als there is no connection to internet I cannot retry...
    Thursday, November 12, 2015 9:43 PM
  • If you right click the network icon by the clock and select Troubleshoot problems? What does that do? Do it find problems, what does it say under Problems found?
    Thursday, November 12, 2015 10:08 PM
  • The icon shows it is connected to WIFI with internet access. Troubleshoot cannot find any problems. However, Windows firewall can't be started. I think I need to find a way to rerun the Windows update, but don't know how as I can't go onto internet. Is there a way by using a file on stick?
    Friday, November 13, 2015 6:47 AM
  • I do not  know about a file for that fix.

For information I can stop the firewall service and still get internet (Windows firewall off no other firewall stops incoming requests in my testing but not out going)

My suggestion is to do a Restore to before the 10th November, then the first chance you get uninstall G DATA. G DATA appears to me the issue it has not removed correctly. Then all being well the update will install correctly.

Friday, November 13, 2015 8:06 PM