none
Windows 10 stuck on Extreme Zoom in RRS feed

• Question

• My Laptop has 2 drives, it used to work fine on Windows 10. Presently when booting up on Windows 10 my screen is extremely enlarged. BIOS Screen is also extremely magnified and overlapping. I can boot up on my other drive that still has Windows XP, normal screen with XP, everything works fine with XP. I have a Windows 10 installation USB Flash Drive and also a Windows 10 Recovery USB Flash Drive, they both boot up on extremely Zoomed in Screen. I tried all the commands for Magnifier.  I still managed to see that View is only at 100% with the right display resolution. After painstakingly working through the garbled screen I managed to update the display driver, I can read after that, the proper display driver is installed. After several attempts with the garbled screen on Windows 10, I managed to run Diagnostic, no issue is detected. I can boot up with the enlarged screen, after typing my password, I can see the enlarged upper left 1/4 of my desktop, if I click on my Internet Browser shortcut, it will go online with the zoomed in overlapping screen. Basically Windows 10 is presently unusable, I would greatly appreciate your help. Thank you
    Sunday, November 17, 2019 11:28 AM

Answers

• Hi, 

Please check if the issue persists in safe mode environment. 

What's your system build? Please press "winver" to check the details. 

If you are not using the latest system build, please go to settings\Update &Security\Windows update to update system to the latest version. (for version build, please refer to Windows 10 update history)

As I am not sure where did you download graphic driver, please uninstall the existing graphic driver from device manager and reboot computer to load a new one. Or we could download a new one from device manufacturer website. 

If the issue persists, we could try to reset this PC through Settings\Update&Security\recovery, this action will not affect your personal data. 

Bests, 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 18, 2019 7:12 AM

All replies

• Hi, 

Please check if the issue persists in safe mode environment. 

What's your system build? Please press "winver" to check the details. 

If you are not using the latest system build, please go to settings\Update &Security\Windows update to update system to the latest version. (for version build, please refer to Windows 10 update history)

As I am not sure where did you download graphic driver, please uninstall the existing graphic driver from device manager and reboot computer to load a new one. Or we could download a new one from device manufacturer website. 

If the issue persists, we could try to reset this PC through Settings\Update&Security\recovery, this action will not affect your personal data. 

Bests, 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 18, 2019 7:12 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your reply. If you divide the screen in four parts,  the extra enlarged upper left 1/4 of my desktop is filling up my whole screen. I cannot see below or to the right of this area and what is visible is overlapping. I cannot access safe mode, I cannot access my restore point because where I would click is below the visible area on my screen.

I am using the latest build and the latest update is installed.

I have been using Windows 10 for more than a year on my laptop and I never had this problem. I did not download any graphic driver, the Windows 10 drivers worked fine until the issue. The limited area showing on my screen does not allow me to access where to uninstall the graphic driver. For the same reason, I am unable to reset PC.

Thanks again for trying to help me
    Monday, November 18, 2019 11:11 AM
  • I managed to uninstall the display driver and after restarting the computer the problem was resolved. Thank you very much for your help.

For other users that may have the same problem: I turned on the computer, I knew when to type my password then pressed enter and after seeing my enlarged desktop:

1) I pressed the Microsoft Symbol key + X

2) with my arrow down key I went to device manager, even though I could not see where it was, I tried a few times (it is on the sixth line down from the top of the option list) until I managed to access it.

3) I clicked on Display Driver to see the sub menu

4) Right Clicked on Microsoft Display Driver and then I went down the list to uninstall, I clicked on it and then pressed Enter.

5) Restarted Computer

It was not easy with a garbled screen, since sometimes I could not see where to click I had to do this process twice before it worked.

Monday, November 18, 2019 2:33 PM
  • Hi, 

Thank you for your feedback and your detailed description about your experience.  Also I am very appreciate for your mark action. Those are very useful for other customers.

Bests, 

Monday, November 25, 2019 1:47 AM