none
changing the operating system from english to spanish

Question

• hey if there's any body out there that will tell why i can't change the language,well i can do every thing go to the region and laguange but when i go to the keyboard and language,there's the button for the keyboard but there's no button for the change language,if you  can help me adding the button i would appreciated it.i have a laptop dell,with windows 7 home premium service pack 1 64-bit operating system.

my sister buy this for me in the states i have a genuine windows,i check it on microsoft.please some help,i can install uninstall about every thing i know a lot about windows but this one got me.

i'm currently living in El Salvador any help it will be more then appreciated.

thank you.

javier2004
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 5:29 PM

Answers

• According to this response

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_install/how-to-change-system-language-of-windows-7-home/d58fb37b-cb02-41c8-986f-22582fd35a12

"You will need to upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate for this capability. Only Windows 7 Ultimate includes Multilingual User Interface (Language Pack) support. You can then install the Language Pack from under Regional and Language settings in Control Panel.

You can do an Anytime Upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate which will preserve your personal files and settings:

Learn more: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features/windows-anytime-upgrade   "

SC Tom

• Proposed as answer by Sabrina Shen Thursday, September 22, 2011 7:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Tuesday, September 27, 2011 3:14 AM
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 8:43 PM
  • Hi,

Also as it is the issue related with Windows 7, in order to get the answer effectively, it is recommended to post a new question in Windows 7 Forum for further discussion in the future.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 7:08 AM

All replies

• According to this response

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_install/how-to-change-system-language-of-windows-7-home/d58fb37b-cb02-41c8-986f-22582fd35a12

"You will need to upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate for this capability. Only Windows 7 Ultimate includes Multilingual User Interface (Language Pack) support. You can then install the Language Pack from under Regional and Language settings in Control Panel.

You can do an Anytime Upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate which will preserve your personal files and settings:

Learn more: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features/windows-anytime-upgrade   "

SC Tom

• Proposed as answer by Sabrina Shen Thursday, September 22, 2011 7:05 AM
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 8:43 PM
  • Hi,

Also as it is the issue related with Windows 7, in order to get the answer effectively, it is recommended to post a new question in Windows 7 Forum for further discussion in the future.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 7:08 AM