none
Wont boot... RRS feed

• Question

• I did a fresh install of W7 RC yesterday and it was running great. This morning I go to turn my comptuer on and a blue screen saying "cant boot, bad boot command" or something along this lines. I tried to repair and system restore and neither work.. I have no idea what to do..
    Friday, July 31, 2009 8:16 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet Forum.

Generally, blue screen can be related to several factors, such as device drivers, anti-virus services, hardware changes, especially changes with some input devices. These factors cause some errors in kernel, we get a blue screen if Windows detects these errors and kills the box in case some more server damage happens. To troubleshoot this kind of issue, I would like to propose the following suggestions in advance.

1.   Have you done some hardware changes? If so, please try to disconnect hardware to see if the issue persists.

2.   Boot in Safe Mode if you can press F8 before the blue screen occurs, then type msconfig to load the minimal services and programs to see if it works.

3.   Run the built in Startup Repair to scan the whole system.

Startup Repair

==============

1)   Restart your computer and press F8 at the Startup.

2)   Select Repair your computer at Advanced Boot Options.

3)   Choose System Repair in System Recovery Options.

4)   After System Repair is finished, restart the computer and log on with the additional account to see if Maximize button is enabled.

4.   Perform Startup Repair using Windows 7 RC disc.

Note: Please ensure that the DVD-ROM is the first booting device.

1)   Please insert the Windows 7 RC disc and reboot the computer.

2)   When we are prompted to press a key to boot from the DVD, please press Enter or the space bar.

3)   Choose your language settings, and then click Next.

4)   Click Repair your computer.

5)   Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.

6)   On the System Recovery Options menu, click Startup Repair. Startup Repair might prompt you to make choices as it tries to fix the problem, and if necessary, it might restart your computer as it makes repairs.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Dale Qiao

Monday, August 3, 2009 8:20 AM