none
wan miniport (PPPOE) error 651

Question

• Try to connect Window 7 64 bits through Ethernet cable to my router, I had the following Error message:

WAN miniport (PPPOE) Error 651.

I had Google the problem, found a few suggestions, tried them out as list below, but still can not fix the problem.

1. Disable USB wifi driver.

2. Disable VirtualBox driver.Host only Ethernet adaptor.

3. Update Microsoft Virtual WiFi minport Adaptor #2

Thanks in advance!

Tony. 

Sunday, January 08, 2012 4:01 PM

All replies

• It should be a driver issue. Please upgrade the Ethernet adapter driver, make sure that the driver is for Windows 7.

Here is an example:

Windows 7 - Can't connect to internet
    http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/82146-cant-connect-internet-2.html

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, January 10, 2012 6:35 AM
  • I had update the  Microsoft Virtual WiFi minport Adaptor #2 and Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, But I still have the same Error message as show below:

Connecting through WAN  Miniport (PPPOE) ... Error 651: The modem (or other connecting device) has report an error.

p.s. I am connecting through the powerline Ethernet adapter, I have order three of them, the one connect from my TV to my router is working, only Window 7 can NOT make the connection to my router through it! I had swap the the Ethernet adaptor, but does not help.

Thursday, January 12, 2012 10:29 AM