none
Digital Signature. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I downloaded "VC_redist.x64" form Microsoft.com but why it has not any Digital Signature?

How can I sign it like:

?

Thanks.

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 12:31 PM

All replies

• It has a digital signatuire but the root cert is not in your local trust store. Just add it there and the signature will be OK. Or do not, if you have any doubts if the file is legit, and try to find a better download.

Evgenij Smirnov

http://evgenij.smirnov.de

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 7:01 PM
  • Hello,

Thank you for posting in our TechNet forum.

If we install VC_redist.x64 on other machines, and the signature is OK? If so, we can try to check if the sign certificate status of this certificate on this machine is OK or other status.

For example, the following sign certificate status is OK.

If the certificate statue is: this CA Root certificate is not trusted because it is not in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store.

We can try the method Evgenij Smirnov provided, we can export root certificate / root certificate and sub certificate from the other good machine.

And if this certificate only have one root certificate, we may need to add the root certificate to this computer store.

On this computer, type certlm.msc and click Enter. We should import the root certificate to the Certificates container->Trusted Root Certification Authorities.

If the certificate also have sub certificate sign, we also need to import sub certificate to the Certificates container->Intermediate Certification Authorities.

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 3:08 AM
  • Hi,
    If this question has any update or is this issue solved? Also, for the question, is there any other assistance we could provide?

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 18, 2019 1:43 AM
  • Hi,
    I am just writing to see if this question has any update. If anything is unclear, please feel free to let us know.
    Thanks for your time and have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 2:52 AM
  • The error message is "A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider". As such, it is signed but your machine does not trust the root certificate so making it trusted is sufficient. Also, keep an eye on your Windows Updates to make sure that you have the latest updates including for the trusted certificates.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Ahmed MALEK

My Website Link

My Linkedin Profile

My MVP Profile

Monday, November 25, 2019 1:37 PM
  • Hi,
    Would you please tell me how things are going on your side. If you have any questions or concerns about the information I provided, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Thursday, November 28, 2019 7:53 AM
  • Hi,
    Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any result. And if you have any concerns, please do not hesitate to tell us in this forum. 

Thank you for your understanding and patience! 

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Monday, December 2, 2019 1:23 AM