[SendTo Network Printer in order to] Print multiple PDF files at once RRS feed

• Question

• I need a method to print multiple PDFs at once.

Naturally I right clicked the selected PDFs for a Print... option but there was none.

Next thought was to use the SendTo menu with one of the available (network) printers. That option wasn't there as well so I did some searching on the net and found various answers, most of them focusing on adding a Printer shortcut to the Shell:SendTo folder.

Other types of shortcuts worked, but none of the printer shortcuts I tried. The printer shortcuts I add to the Shell:SendTo folder never show up in the right click > SendTo menu.

• I even tried adding a shortcut named {2227A280-3AEA-1069-A2DE-08002B30309D} as someone suggested that would present the whole Printers system folder to choose a printer from.
    • OS Version : Windows 7 Enterprise SP1

George Thalassinos

Friday, June 2, 2017 12:31 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I've done some testing, and it appears that Windows 7 only allows printing multiple files when they're all the same file type. So, for example, you can select and print 15 Word documents, but not one Word document and one PDF document.

To work around this limitation, you can print each file type separately. For example, to print the PDF files in a folder:

1.Type *.PDF in the Search box at the upper right.

2.For 1-15 files, press CTRL+A to select all of them.

3.For 16 or more files, select 15 of them (click the first, SHIFT +click the last).

4.Right-click any file and click Print .

5.Repeat steps 3-4 as required.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 5, 2017 7:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I've done some testing, and it appears that Windows 7 only allows printing multiple files when they're all the same file type. So, for example, you can select and print 15 Word documents, but not one Word document and one PDF document.

To work around this limitation, you can print each file type separately. For example, to print the PDF files in a folder:

1.Type *.PDF in the Search box at the upper right.

2.For 1-15 files, press CTRL+A to select all of them.

3.For 16 or more files, select 15 of them (click the first, SHIFT +click the last).

4.Right-click any file and click Print .

5.Repeat steps 3-4 as required.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 5, 2017 7:09 AM
  • The 15 file limit was the problem. The PDFs to print are more than that and the Print context menu was absent.

Therefore I mark your reply as answer as it solved my main issue.

I guess I will have to repost the SendTo Printer option issue, as that has not been answered.

George Thalassinos

Tuesday, June 6, 2017 7:15 AM
  • Hey!

If you have a whole load of PDF files and want to print those documents, then opening each file individually and printing it is not a feasible option. So, we are providing you methods to print mutiple files at once.

Thursday, August 13, 2020 6:55 AM