I am running on Windows 7. I installed Windows XP mode, but when I launch it, it asks me to log into Windows XP, but doesn't accept the password I set up. How do I reset the password if I can't log in?
you can try accessing Windows XP Mode with the default administrator account named "Administrator". This account is only displayed when we enter Safe Mode. By default, there is no password for this account and the password is determined
when you setup the Windows XP Mode. We can use this account to reset the password of the password of other accounts.
To do this, please perform the steps below:
1. First, disable the Integration Features.
2. Restart the Windows XP Mode. When the Boot Menu appears at startup, press F8. (Keep pressing the F8 key until the Windows Startup menu appears.)
3. On the Windows Advanced Options Menu, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
4. Log into Windows by using the Administrator account and password.
NOTE: The password is blank by default unless you already set a password.
5. After logging into Safe Mode, click "Start", go to "Run", type in "nusrmgr.cpl" (without quotation marks) and press Enter.
6. Choose the user you want to modify and Click "Reset Password". Set a new password.
7. Click "Advanced" tab, Click "Advanced" button.
8. Click "Users". Choose the user you want to modify in the right pane. Right it and Click "Properties".
9. Check the box of "Password never expires". Click "OK".
10.Then, quit the settings and restart Windows XP Mode to the normal mode.
Microsoft is conducting an online survey to understand your opinion of the Technet Web site. If you choose to participate, the online survey will be presented to you when you leave the Technet Web site.