none
Windows 7 64Bit PC Unable to login with Domain User give User Profile cannot be loaded RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have Win7 64Bit PC, where I was not able to login with Domain User name, This is the first time I am loggin with this ID on this computer.

The existing Domain Account which was logged in before are working fine, but now unable to login with any other domain user

It gives me the following error message:

"The User ProfileService service failed the logon, User profile cannot be loaded."

Thanks

Monday, July 7, 2014 11:22 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

have you checked this page:

You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error message

Method 1 worked for me when I had the same issue just like you a while ago.

If this helped you resolve your issue, please mark it Answered, thanks! Kind regards

Monday, July 7, 2014 11:30 AM
  • Hi,

Please try the following steps

1. boot into safe mode

2. open up registry edit. (regedit)

3. expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE ---->SOFTWARE---->Microsoft---->Windows NT---->CurrentVersion---->ProfileList

4. Now expanding ProfileList you will see two identical folder (e.g., foldername and foldername.bak)

5. Rename the folders as opposite. The one with only name will be foldername.bak and the other will be just foldername (previously foldername.bak)

6. Select the one without .bak and change the values as follows(on the right)

RefCount = 0
    State = 0

7. Close Registry Editor and Reboot

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Monday, July 7, 2014 11:50 AM
  • Hi,

Occasionally, Windows might not read your user profile correctly, such as if your antivirus software is scanning your computer while you try to log on

First, I suggest to log on to Windows with administrator account that has administrative permissions, or restart in safe mode to log on with the built-in administrator account.

Then try the following ways to fix this:

1.Click Start, type regedit in the Search box, and then press ENTER.

2.In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList

3.In the navigation pane, locate the folder that begins with S-1-5 (SID key) followed by a long number.

4.Click each S-1-5 folder, locate the ProfileImagePath entry in the details pane, and then double-click to make sure that this is the user account profile that has the error.

Details can be seen at:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215

Regards

Wade Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, July 11, 2014 2:37 AM
  • You can try this:

Disconnect the PC from domain, connect to workgroup, restart the PC, connect the PC to domain, restart the PC and then check.

Balaji Kundalam

Friday, July 11, 2014 4:45 AM