none
SCOM 2016 UR 5 server OS upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• hi , 

i am running SCOM 2016 UR7 on Windows Server 2012R2 (VM) , can i perform In-Place OS upgrade from 2012R2 to 2016 without affecting SCOM monitoring ?

Thanks.

Shaikh

• Edited by Shaikh-h Friday, September 20, 2019 3:42 PM
    Friday, September 20, 2019 3:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Shaikh,

Based as I know, the in-place upgrade has some downtime or risk if there's some problem during upgrade. To avoid the risk, please make a backup of the OS.

In addition, If you decide to go for an in-place upgrade for SCOM server and you also want to upgrade the operating system to Windows Server 2016 in your environment, you need to have a good plan how to switch the SCOM agents and ACS Forwarders to the new management servers. Before you start upgrading, make sure you have new Windows Server 2016 servers installed, which will become the new management servers.

https://www.stefanroth.net/2017/06/15/scom-2016-upgrade-notes-from-the-field/

Hope the information can help.

Best regards.

Crystal

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 23, 2019 2:05 AM
  • Hi Shaikh,

How's everything going? I am writing to see if there's anything else we can help. If yes, please let us know. We are always glad to help.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Best regards.

Crystal

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 6:30 AM