none
Windows cant check for updates error 80080005 RRS feed

• Question

•  

My automatic updates is turned on,but it says it cant check for updates.I get the error code 80080005.Does anyone have a solution to this problem,I have looked around on the net but cant find a solution.It has worked fine for a year and a half and all of the sudden I get this error.
    Friday, September 12, 2008 1:25 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi, the Windows Vista Announcements forum is for general Windows Vista FYI only. Please do not post questions in this thread. Make sure to choose the appropriate Windows Vista forum before submitting an inquiry. For your information, please submit a Windows Update service request to Microsoft. Unlimited installation and compatibility support is available at no charge until March 18, 2009. <https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&x=8&y=7&prid=11274&gprid=500921> Thanks for your understanding!

Monday, September 15, 2008 7:38 AM
  • Why can't you just answer the question, or give guidance as to where to find appropriate support information??

I have the same error with the Windows Update as described above with the same exact error code. In following the built in advise to search the microsoft website for the string "error code 80080005" this is the FIRST hit to come up. If there's a better place to go for information, just list the damn thing!!

Frustrated!! Just tell me how to solve the damn problem!!!

Monday, November 3, 2008 7:05 PM
  •  Blaze222 wrote:

My automatic updates is turned on,but it says it cant check for updates.I get the error code 80080005.Does anyone have a solution to this problem,I have looked around on the net but cant find a solution.It has worked fine for a year and a half and all of the sudden I get this error.
    Wednesday, November 19, 2008 10:57 PM
  • WINDOWS UPDATE ERROR : 80080005

STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED

If windows 7/ Vista or windows 8 or 8.1 :

* open ‘CMD’ or ‘command prompt’ as an ‘Admin’

* Type ‘ netsh int ip reset ‘

* Type ‘ netsh winsock reset ’

* Type ‘netsh advfirewall reset ‘

* Type ‘ipconfig /flushdns ‘

* Check for infection and Clear Rootkits in Program files / Appdata / temp / %temp%

* Check for unwanted Task scheduler task folder and delete them all

* > C: \windows\System32\Tasks

* > C: \Windows\Tasks

* Check start-up Services and programs

* > Check Hide all Microsoft services and enable important programs and services needs for NJO remote services

* > Disable unwanted start-up items

* Wait for all the process to complete and then,

* Try checking for windows update to see if updates can be found

* If no Updates can be found please make sure you ‘Restart ’ the cx Pc and then  check for updates

These steps may Apply for any other windows update issue which results in fixing the issue

Friday, August 29, 2014 1:28 PM