none
next desktop background shortcut key

Answers

• My way is no really a keyboard shotcut :D but maybe it's useful. Turn to desktop, you can use the right click key ( the key between window key and ctrl key - i don't know exactly its name) or Shift + f10 instead => right click menu will appear and press N key. That's all.
    Sunday, August 23, 2009 5:28 AM

All replies

• To personalize the desktop you might choose in the Control Panel "Personalization" and Desktop Background (You need some pictures in it)
    where you have a box "Change your picture every" You have to choose the time you want then. 
    Tuesday, March 31, 2009 6:24 PM
  • Hi Razvan

If you are referring to the Change Desktop Background option, I haven't seen a keyboard shortcut defined for this.

The only option you have is to set the time between changes.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for testing Windows 7 Beta
    Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Tuesday, March 31, 2009 7:00 PM
  • i know that allready
    but i want to know if there is a shortcut key to change the wallpaper without going to "next desktop background" menu
    Tuesday, March 31, 2009 7:01 PM
  • i understand

i hope Microsoft maybe  will put a shortcut key for this in the final release

Thank You
    Friday, April 03, 2009 3:51 PM
  • My way is no really a keyboard shotcut :D but maybe it's useful. Turn to desktop, you can use the right click key ( the key between window key and ctrl key - i don't know exactly its name) or Shift + f10 instead => right click menu will appear and press N key. That's all.
    Sunday, August 23, 2009 5:28 AM
  • why i didn't think of that :)

Thank You khoa_chung_89
    Sunday, August 23, 2009 8:37 AM
  • i know that allready
    but i want to know if there is a shortcut key to change the wallpaper without going to "next desktop background" menu

Sorry about that, I know this as well. You could try saving a theme with your favorite wallpaper and place it on the dektop. Just right click on a theme under "my themes"
    Sunday, August 23, 2009 9:48 AM
    Hi Khoa

Excellent find.

Thanks for posting.

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Sunday, February 21, 2010 9:44 AM
  • Thats a great answer. Thanks.
    • Proposed as answer by cbsarge Monday, October 25, 2010 7:26 PM
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 2:25 PM
  • You could create a little vbs file to do this and save it to your desktop. Open Notepad and paste in the following text:

set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
            WshShell.SendKeys("^ ")
            WshShell.SendKeys("+{F10}")
            WshShell.SendKeys("n")

Save the file as "Next_Desktop.vbs" or something like that. Now when you double click the file it will simulate the keystrokes to go to the next desktop background.

The only catch is the file must be on your desktop for this to work.

• Proposed as answer by kunalks2003 Tuesday, December 11, 2012 10:37 PM
    Monday, October 25, 2010 7:32 PM
  • unfortunately microsoft hasn't put this feature  in its final release too.
    Tuesday, November 30, 2010 4:11 PM
  • thnxx!!!!!!!!!! :D
    Tuesday, November 30, 2010 4:14 PM
  • Hello,

I got stuck with the same problem and I found a cool solution.

Download the executable from here: http://www.technixupdate.com/keyboard-shortcut-or-hotkey-to-switch-to-next-windows-7-desktop-wallpaper/

And put that exe file in your "startup" folder.

After that, you can just hit [windows key] + [n] and it goes to next desktop background.

Hope that helps!

Ethan T.

• Proposed as answer by Ethan Tsai Thursday, January 13, 2011 4:57 AM
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 4:56 AM
  • The Best way to do it is hold N and right click, that will work without any installation or registry modifications.
    • Proposed as answer by Cheekyal Saturday, April 21, 2012 9:04 AM
    Friday, January 21, 2011 12:03 AM
  • Why didn't I think of that :)
    Friday, January 21, 2011 2:48 AM
  • yes there is a sht cut key

use (right click key+N) on Key Board

Saturday, February 19, 2011 7:55 PM
  • Hello,

I got stuck with the same problem and I found a cool solution.

Download the executable from here: http://www.technixupdate.com/keyboard-shortcut-or-hotkey-to-switch-to-next-windows-7-desktop-wallpaper/

And put that exe file in your "startup" folder.

After that, you can just hit [windows key] + [n] and it goes to next desktop background.

Hope that helps!

Ethan T.

This is nice. I just edited the ahk script to not fiddle with the mouse position and works nicely. Thanks!
    Tuesday, August 09, 2011 7:03 AM
  • Thanks Khoa_Chung_89!  This is my favorite way because you don't have to create any special code to simply change the wallpaper to the next in the background slide show. Sweet!  Thanks!
    Saturday, February 11, 2012 3:46 PM
  • Thanks..
    Saturday, May 05, 2012 9:07 PM
  • Excellent.....

very helpful and effective  method..

u can quickly press the right click button on the keyboard and then "N" key..

this way u can quickly change the desktop background during a conference without attracting any attention..

obviously u have to have the wallpaper jpegs placed in a particular folder and enable the slideshow mode in the "Personalize\desktop backgroud" menu..

Thanx..

Thursday, August 30, 2012 11:46 AM
  • I think I have found the ultimate solution..., unfortunately it is not a windows built-in solution.

I use an apps call "Actual Multiple Monitor", free version are available (Limited to single picture vs slide show)

You can set-up multiple background profile (Single picture and even slide shows!), and assign each one of them a shortcut key

Now I can set-up, for example, alt-2 to use desktop background that contains nsfw content, and alt-1 to use desktop background that is sfw. and have the ability to change it without turning on the monitor!! (Very useful - girlfriend doesn't like nsfw content on the desktop vs me keep forgetting to change the desktop when she came.)

• Edited by ArtGun Friday, December 07, 2012 3:08 PM
    • Proposed as answer by ArtGun Friday, December 07, 2012 3:10 PM
    Friday, December 07, 2012 2:58 PM
  • Thanks for the tip man.
    Tuesday, July 02, 2013 4:45 PM
  • Hey guys, perhaps a little late but it was useful for me (windows 8.1 wscript) and i made this script:

set Shell = wscript.CreateObject("Shell.Application")
        Shell.ToggleDesktop
        Set Shell = nothing
    WScript.Sleep 50
    set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
            WshShell.SendKeys("^ ")
            WshShell.SendKeys("+{F10}")
            WshShell.SendKeys("n")

With this you can place the script anywhere, even a shortcut on metro works as long as the destkop is emty. If there's something on the destkop it selects that one instead. Sadly i don't know how to fix that and even so it doesn't matter for me because i rather have it empty.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 12:44 AM