none
Installed Memory ( RAM ) : 6 GB but Usable in 3.25 GB RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I have windows 7 Enterprise version. I have upgraded the RAM to 6 GB, however it shows usable as 3.25 GB only. I upgraded the physical RAM as i am running VMWare worstation in the same machine. But now it of no use. Please advice whether any settings that i can change to use the full memory.

Cheers,

Prakash

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 12:58 AM

Answers

• Hi All,

I found the solution. It seems any 32-bit OS can have only 4GB at max.

Thanks

Prakash

• Marked as answer by Prakmoni Wednesday, July 14, 2010 1:44 AM
    Wednesday, July 14, 2010 1:44 AM

All replies

• Note : I have the RAM as 2GB in 3 Slots = 6 GB.
    Wednesday, July 14, 2010 1:19 AM
  • Hi All,

I found the solution. It seems any 32-bit OS can have only 4GB at max.

Thanks

Prakash

• Marked as answer by Prakmoni Wednesday, July 14, 2010 1:44 AM
    Wednesday, July 14, 2010 1:44 AM
  • This is correct, but search for a PAE Patch, this will allow you to use the complete 6GB under a 32Bit Windows. I'm also running a 32Bit Windows 7 with a patched kernel and I can use my complete 4GB RAM.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Wednesday, July 14, 2010 12:49 PM
  • Here is an article for your reference: Memory Limits for Windows Releases

Regards,

Linda

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, July 15, 2010 7:25 AM
  • Hi Parakmoni,

If your computer has more than 4GB of ram and you’re using a 32-bit of Windows, you’ll notice that only about 3.5GB is being recognized and the remaining 500MB of memory is gone.

As Andre.Zieglre siad that u can search for PAE patch, but before you download the memory limit patchers, please be informed that some antivirus detects it as a hacktool or backdoor but dont worry about that. I’ve analyzed the files using ThreatExpert and they are absolutely safe.

Here is the link for PAE patch

http://www.mediafire.com/?tgjjmhnnm2c

This patch allows you to use more than 4GB of RAM on an 32 bit Windows system. Works on Vista and 7, has been tested on Windows Vista SP2 and Windows 7. Instructions and source code included in this link.

Regards

Syed Asad Bukhari

Thursday, July 15, 2010 10:00 AM
  • Hi Syed,

Thanks for the link and the recommendations. Its very useful.

Cheers,

Prakash

Thursday, July 15, 2010 12:17 PM