User Profile Service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded - For any new accounts created RRS feed

All replies

• Thanks for sharing. 

I would suggest  you to make this thread as "discussion" rather then a "question" type. :)

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 5:13 AM
  • I had a similar problem, and raised a Premier case, which is mentioned here:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/asiatech/archive/2014/01/30/new-user-gets-event-1509-after-deploying-ie9-10-11-packaged-by-ieak.aspx

It seems this issue with SQM/CEIP creating a poorly ACE'd SQM file has been around for a very long time, with many causes being the installation of Internet Explorer (as was my case, of deploy IE10 to Win7), but other reasons also occur (as in your case with VS).

It seems to me that this is a defect in the SQM/CEIP component, but the issue does not consistently occur is all scenarios, which appears to be an excuse to leave the defect uncorrected, so we have to implement ugly workarounds.. :(

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 7:22 AM

Solution which worked for us

In our instance either setting the appropriate permissions on the affected file, or deleting the file resolved it.

Thank you! I just had this issue.

Changing those files' permissions fixes this logon issue. It seems this is a problem with VS2013.

Saturday, March 22, 2014 11:31 AM
  • This issue is affecting machines for me as well.

I'm currently looking for the most effective way of fixing it via group policy.  i.e., delete file, change perms, pull update?

Found this open bug report while searching: MS Update KB2932965 bug report

Tuesday, April 1, 2014 1:36 AM
  • This issue is affecting machines for me as well.

I'm currently looking for the most effective way of fixing it via group policy.  i.e., delete file, change perms, pull update?

Found this open bug report while searching: MS Update KB2932965 bug report

I've added my thoughts into the bug report, hoping to add some weight to the bug :)

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Tuesday, April 1, 2014 5:49 AM
  • We are seeing the same thing on all of our PCs with Visual Studio 2013.  I almost have it figured out.  It appears that we are seeing this issue when WSUS as System installs this update.  If I install the update as the user through WSUS the issue does not appear.  So I setup several VMs with a base install of Visual Studio 2013 with Update 1 so that WSUS will install this KB over the weekend.  If I can reproduce it then I know where the issue is.  If this is the case then I will just have WSUS deny all Visual Studio updates and install them using our software manager.  We have a local WSUS server so I can do this.
    Thursday, April 3, 2014 9:21 PM