none
Blue Screen Problem In dell laptop Inspiron 1545. RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Everyone,

I have encountered bluescreen problem 6 months ago. It occurs only while using Internet. whenever i connect to internet i have a problem after 5-7 minutes and keeps on repeating. I have no any problem when there is no internet on my laptop.  My laptop is dell Inspiron 1545 (Vista )

I have manage to send you the exact information what appears on the screen:

A problem has been dected and windows has been shut down to prevent your computer

Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the first time you ve seen this stop error screen restart your computer. If this screen appears again and again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware of software manufacturer. For any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. disable BIOS memory options such ascaching or shadowing.If you need to use safe mode to or disable components, restartyour computer, press F8 to selectadvance startup options, and thenselect safe mode.

Technical information:

STOP: 0x000000D1 (0XDE4AA000, 0X00000002, 0x00000000, 0X8630A744)

embu1vmfi.sys- Adress 8630A744 base at 86306000, datesamp 4d551164

Collecting data for crash dump....

Initializing disk for crash dump....

Beginning dump of physical memory....

Dumping physical memory to disk: 100

physical memory dump complete

Contact your system admin  or technical support group for further assistance

A.M.
    • Edited by likeafren Friday, January 20, 2012 4:05 AM Spelling correction
    Friday, January 20, 2012 4:04 AM

Answers

• The Stop (DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access (for reading, as indicated by the value of the third parameter) pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
    This bug check is usually caused by drivers that have used improper addresses.

You wrote that this problem arises whenever you connect to the Internet: this problem could be related to a driver used by your network card, so you could try updating it as a first step.
    You can also locate the .DMP file in the \Windows\Minidump folder, upload it to your Windows Live SkyDrive, make it publicly accessible and post the URL here, so we can analyze it and try to understand how you can fix this issue.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award
    • Marked as answer by likeafren Monday, January 23, 2012 3:36 AM
    Sunday, January 22, 2012 12:16 AM

All replies

• The Stop (DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access (for reading, as indicated by the value of the third parameter) pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
    This bug check is usually caused by drivers that have used improper addresses.

You wrote that this problem arises whenever you connect to the Internet: this problem could be related to a driver used by your network card, so you could try updating it as a first step.
    You can also locate the .DMP file in the \Windows\Minidump folder, upload it to your Windows Live SkyDrive, make it publicly accessible and post the URL here, so we can analyze it and try to understand how you can fix this issue.

Bye.

• Marked as answer by likeafren Monday, January 23, 2012 3:36 AM
    Sunday, January 22, 2012 12:16 AM
  • Thank you Mr expert (Luigi Bruno).

seems i dont have any problem after your expert solution. Cheers

A.M.
    Monday, January 23, 2012 3:36 AM
  • Dear luigi,

I have been experiencing a similar problem on my dell as well unforetuneatly I didn't think much of it and it has now gotten to the point where windows will not start and says it failed to start and says the kernel is missing or is corrupt is there a way I can get it up and running again? And it says to insert the windows disk which i have done and restart but whenever I try that it just fails to start again. Please let me know what I can do. Thank you.

Kate

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 10:44 PM
  • Try performing a Startup Repair: follow the instructions at the following address

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Startup-Repair-frequently-asked-questions

Bye.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 10:52 PM