none
Windows 10 activation RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. I am trying to activate Windows 10 IOT 2015 (OEM).

It is being installed on a brand-new Windows 'computer' (it's on a virtual machine I just created this morning)...I read the posts about reverting back to Windows 7 but that is not an option here.

I get error code: 0xC004C003

I read that this code comes up if the Windows activation servers are too busy, but I need to know how long I should expect to wait. We need to deliver this PC to the customer, I can't just tell them there's 'Windows server issues' which will be resolved God knows when...

The license is new and has never been used before.

Please help me activate this machine!

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 1:37 PM

All replies

• The error you posted is that the product key is blocked. If you are trying to activate on the install/default key, then this message is normal. In this case, use slmgr to insert the activation key and activate online (IPK/ATO). The machine needs to have access to the internet.

Otherwise, you need to contact your Embedded Partner for resolution.

If you are using OEM COA, you'd input the key from that after using the scratch-off... BUT only end-user is supposed to do this. I am not aware of any OEM Facilitation allowances on this type. For the other type that doesn't use the COA, if you try to activate on that and get this error, then there is a big problem and you definately need to contact your Embedded Partner.

I don't think that your use of a VM makes any difference, although I've never tried to use that SKU in a VM, only on physical. I would not recommend trying to activate a license from a VM if this is a live/sold license that is supposed to be used on physical.

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 7:43 PM
  • Hello,

Please refer to explanation corresponding to error code 0xC004C003 mentioned here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/10738/windows-10-get-help-with-activation-errors

Hope this helps!

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 6:11 AM