none
Intel Q35 display driver (signed by MS) - does not reconnect signal after disconnection

Question

• Hi. I have been using the Intel Q35 internal display chip on my Dell PC a long time. I found that if I removed the igfxpers.exe which seem to do automatic-checking for new displays that are connected.

When igfxpers.exe was running on Vista, I could disconnect a monitor and then reconnect it and it did not find the signal. But if igfxpers.exe was not running, I could remove a monitor and then reconnect it and it worked fine.

However, in Windows 7, this behavior is not the same. Whatever I do, I cannot reconnect a monitor. I always have to reboot the computer to make it detect the signal.

Do anybody have any clue for fixing this? Or do I have to reinstall Vista?

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 8:19 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please logon with Clean Boot,  update the Q35 driver, also update BIOS to the latest version for test.

If the issue persists, I suggest to contact Inter Q35 Chipset support for further help:

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/highlights/graphics/q35/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, November 03, 2011 2:33 AM