none
THE DOWNLOAD IS ALLWAYS CORRUPT

Answers

• Hi Ernest

We are getting many reports about this specific problem.

I would suggest waiting a couple of days and then trying the download again.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for testing Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Thursday, May 07, 2009 2:44 PM
  • I had five corrupted downloads before I realised the special Microsoft downloader had a conflict with the java downloader which Firefox insisted on using.

My solution was to roll back the Java updates ( they will send 'em again) then get out of Firefox into IE 7 ( Not the IE8 beta). I figured anything IE 7 was doing had been allowed for. I also inhibited DAP.

I then got a clean download in less than 50 minutes. Immediately burnt to a disk. I hope this helps someone

I had to back out of the install a couple of times to dump Zone Alarm and  a camera manager but, the install 2.5 hours? went well.

Not so well since though. Win 7 is up and running but I have had endless trouble getting email to work. Tried thunderbird first but it only brought in half of my vast email folders.

Win 7 UAC even at the lowest level, will not let me in to get the rest from my old app data files. I even tried from XP ( dual boot) across the partition. using Outlook.  I used to be able to do that but not with this new UAC. It is still a pain.

If anyone has an answer for that I would welcome it.

Bobthequill

Friday, May 08, 2009 8:49 AM

All replies

• Hi :)

It could be that the ISO file could be corrupt. Try to re-download the Windows 7 RC ISO file on your PC and use a different ISO file burning software, such as ISOBuster or Active ISO Buster. =)

I hope this helped. :)

Evandela
    • Proposed as answer by Evandela Thursday, May 07, 2009 2:12 PM
    Thursday, May 07, 2009 2:06 PM
  • No the download manager it self says it is corrupt
    Thursday, May 07, 2009 2:20 PM
  • Hi Ernest

We are getting many reports about this specific problem.

I would suggest waiting a couple of days and then trying the download again.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for testing Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Thursday, May 07, 2009 2:44 PM
  • The problem seems to the downloader that microsoft use, as I tried download 4 times on 2 different systems using different IPs etc.
    I then managed to find a direct download link and it worked fine. 

I don't know why microsoft and other companies don't use torrents and at least that spreads loads.  I often download numerous Linux iso through torrents etc and don't have these sorts of problems.  15 Gig of dowload quota for a 3 gig file really blows out the accounts on some ISP plans. (And the excess of 24 hours required - very little high speed internet in Australia.)
    Friday, May 08, 2009 7:04 AM
  • I had five corrupted downloads before I realised the special Microsoft downloader had a conflict with the java downloader which Firefox insisted on using.

My solution was to roll back the Java updates ( they will send 'em again) then get out of Firefox into IE 7 ( Not the IE8 beta). I figured anything IE 7 was doing had been allowed for. I also inhibited DAP.

I then got a clean download in less than 50 minutes. Immediately burnt to a disk. I hope this helps someone

I had to back out of the install a couple of times to dump Zone Alarm and  a camera manager but, the install 2.5 hours? went well.

Not so well since though. Win 7 is up and running but I have had endless trouble getting email to work. Tried thunderbird first but it only brought in half of my vast email folders.

Win 7 UAC even at the lowest level, will not let me in to get the rest from my old app data files. I even tried from XP ( dual boot) across the partition. using Outlook.  I used to be able to do that but not with this new UAC. It is still a pain.

If anyone has an answer for that I would welcome it.

Bobthequill

Friday, May 08, 2009 8:49 AM
  • Hello,

If it appears that there are a lot of reports about this specific problem then perhaps someone at MS might be able to troubleshoot it? I have only once been able to download a beta version of Windows 7. Ever since then I have been unable to get a complete ISO to DL through the download manager. I have uninstalled the active X control. Cleaned out all browsing files in IE. I have searched for workarounds and like issues on the forums. I don't use any other browsers in XP. It has always gotten to 99 % of DLing and then it comes back to tell me the file is corrupt.

It really frosts my cookies that I haven't been able to test this system when I cannot even get the beta  to DL properly. Waiting a few days to get this to clear up is not the answer since I haven't been able to DL it in months for the same reason. And it appears I must be the only one who is having this issue since the Windows 7 team hasn't addressed this in its resources area. Any other suggestions would be appreciated though.

Thanks

Hedonikos
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 3:31 PM
  • I've tried to download Windows 7 twice now from the manager and after 99% I get the same file corrupt message. Has anyone found what the cause is?

Thanks,

theavman
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 5:23 AM
  • I have the same problem.

after 99% it corrupted..

Is there any quick sollution?
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 9:44 AM
  • guys just go for torrent, check crc and hash published, see that file downloaded a lot and commented ok,
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 12:16 PM
  • I would like to DL the RC from MS. Not from P2P that will not give me a product code from MS. I have tried this from 2 different computers and both still give me the file corruption error at 99%. It has failed consistantly. I have done everything from removing temp files, cookes. history, removing the Active X controls, turning off firewalls and AVs. If both computers still can't do the DL I have to think this is something wrong with the DL manager or something on the server side.

Please MS team, can you at least look into this? It seems to be a common issue.

Friday, May 22, 2009 12:26 AM
  • This could help

I'm not sure about hardware conifuration and your memory resources.  If you you have low system resources, then it would be best to run the download and wait till it finishes before you use the system for other tasks and programs.  Vista told me once that my download could be lost or become corrupted because I was using the internet to browse and run appications at the same time.  My system resources were low, my was Ram memory of 2GB and a Intel dual core processor in a Vista 64 bit enviroment.  When I downloaded Windows RC 7,  I did nothing with the computer until it was finished and I had no problems with the ISO file.

Friday, May 22, 2009 2:31 AM
  • Thank you for your replay sprogis. I am pretty sure that I ran your senario at least to the point that I tried doing the DLs in the late night while I was away from the Vista system. I monitor resourses pretty well but I will try again this evening to a complete reboot after cleaning out any non essential files. ie; temps etc. The hardware configuration for the Vista system is a laptop with 2GB of RAM with a Dual Core 1.46GHz. The difference in our DLs are that I am using a 32bit versioin of Vista.

I will let you know.

Friday, May 22, 2009 2:51 AM
  • I've had the same experience, my guess is that the problem is with the ms download manager, can someone who knows how to check the crc and hash provide a bit more info so I can download safely from a p2p network ?
    Saturday, July 11, 2009 6:42 AM
  • Still experiencing this same problem all over again and have tried with IE8, Mozilla whatever, always ends up announcing fatal error and file corrupt..
    If anyone has a solution available that would be nice.. ---------------------- ..after a few more failed download attempts with MS download manager, took the direct download address and typed it into Mozilla instead of using download manager - and magic, download finished 100% ok without fatal error and file corrupt notification. Off to try installing after a while and backing up old stuff. Hope this info could help someone experiencing same problem.
    • Proposed as answer by Veed Sunday, October 17, 2010 1:33 PM
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 2:00 PM
  • I have a brand new computer with windows 7...all files from the previous system (32 bit) were migrated...tried to use a function requiring java and it would not work...for two weeks nothing suggested worked...I could download it but not install...kept getting either a 1723 error or a install file was corrupt...did however get the direct path to that corrupt file...uninstalled all java files...and tried one more time...this time instead of downloading it to desktop when it said save, I put it into that above mentioned file...went to start then computer and to that file location, opended it and clicked on the install file and java intalled with no problems and now works...I am obviouly not an expert but can make my way around a computer most of the time...I hope this saves someone a lot of time and agravation...good luck
    Harmon V Swart
    • Proposed as answer by Veed Sunday, October 17, 2010 2:51 PM
    Sunday, October 17, 2010 1:49 PM