none
Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSB 2016 Value EPKEA Offline Mass Production Deployment RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm building machines with Core i3/i5 along with Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSB 2016 Value EPKEAs.

Is there a faster way to activate tens to hundreds of machines quickly without going through Online Activations?

Is it possible to purchase the License Labels and embed Master License Key into the Windows 10 image?  

Any sharing for quick offline mode deployment (like WES7) would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 1:48 AM

All replies

• Hi Clyde,

For volume license activation, Internet connection is necessary, KMS server needs to contact Microsoft activation server, MAK verification also needs to contact to Microsoft activation server.

The only way to have mass activated clients in offline environment is buying OEM pre-installed computers.

Therefore, your demand can’t be achieved, please understand.

On the other hand, you mentioned that adding license information into image, it can be achieved, but still have limitation, refer to this case for more information

Windows 10 Answer File - Product Key/Activation

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/1394082-windows-10-answer-file-product-key-activation

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 19, 2017 3:15 AM
  • Hello Teemo,

Thanks for the feedback.

In my case, if I'm the OEM builder, is there a way where I can just embed the license key inside the O/S image or maybe inside firmware hardware BIOS?  That way that in my process of building the OEM system, I don't have to connect the product to internet and pre-activate nor my end-customer need to activate through internet.

As OEM builder, I also want to stay away from the KMS/MAK methods.  Something like use a Master Product Key, buy volume licensing with channel reseller or MS, embed the License Key in the OEM machine, stick the EPKEA license labels, and ship out to final customers while final customers don't need to do any kind of Online Activation.  This is the methodology hoping to achieve.  Is it possible?

Thursday, October 19, 2017 9:10 AM