none
Shared Folder Problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've had this problem first few days ago, I have 2 Pc's and want to have the files transferred automatically. I come home, and the notebook automatically changes the wi-fi, and then it should activate the shared folder on the laptop. It goes through a program on the other pc which automatically transfer the files. When the laptop does a wifi change, it does not show up the shared computer on the other pc, very strange. Please can someone help me.

Thanks in advance and best regards

• Edited by Anonym__ Friday, November 22, 2019 1:15 PM
    Friday, November 22, 2019 1:13 PM

All replies

• You need to check the settings:

Go to the section Control Panel\ All Control Panel Items\ Network and Sharing Center\ Advanced sharing settings. Make sure that in the current network profile section the following options checked:

• Turn on network discovery
    • Turn on file and printer sharing
    • Allow Windows to manage homegroup connections (recommended)

Then, in the All networks profile, activate the options:

• Turn on sharing so anyone with network access can read and write files in the Public folders
    • Turn off password protection sharing (If you trust all the devices in your network)
    • Then go to Settings -> Network and Internet -> Ethernet (if you are connected to a local network through a wireless connection, select Wi-Fi). Click the network icon and verify that the Make this PC discoverable option is enabled.
    • If after rebooting the computer appeared in a network environment, but you can’t access it, check the network type on your computer. Most likely your local network was recognized as Public. You need to change the network type to Private. To do this, open Settings -> Network and Internet -> Status -> Homegroup.

Click Change network location, then in the dialog with the text “Do you want to allow your PC to be discoverable by other PCs and devices on this network? We recommend allowing this on your home and work network, but not public ones” Select Yes.

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Friday, November 22, 2019 2:53 PM
  • Hey, thanks!

The thing is when I moved the mouse, the laptop goes out of the energy save mode. The laptop is folded. A few days ago it worked when I moved the mouse, then the shared folder was aviable on the other pc. But now it isn't working anymore, can you help me?

• Edited by Anonym__ Friday, November 22, 2019 5:50 PM
    Friday, November 22, 2019 5:50 PM
  • Since this situation only appears recently, you could restore system to previous time point.

Besides, have you installed any updates or drivers recently, if so, roll back them and check again.

Besides, open your wifi adapter properties in device manger, power management, disable “Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power” for all wifi adapters.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 25, 2019 8:49 AM
  • Hello,

I have reseted the pc and it doesn't work anymore. The problem is, my wifi adapter doesn't have this Power management section (the right driver is also installed). Can I turn on the pc (network shares) when I move a mouse or sth.?

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 2:43 PM
  • Yes, you could.

Run Shared Folder Troubleshooter. Make sure your drive will not be turned off when sleep.

In place upgrade by a clean 1909 iso from Microsoft website.

If still no help, you need to contact manufacturer support to check whether it is a hardware issue.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 9:08 AM