none
Epson Stylus Photo R300 Win7 driver?

Question

• Hi,
        I have recently been given an Epson Stylus Photo R300 printer. But i can't seem to find any drivers for it?

I have it connected to a Win 2K3 server so the whole house can print to it (this works fine with HP Deskjet 970cxi / 6122) but Windows 7 can't find an appropriate driver for it.

I've been on Epson's (wonderfully helpful ¬¬) website to no avail. I was wandering if anyone else has managed to get this working? Or knows of a way to?
    I thought that Win 7 would pull the driver straight from the server? Maybe not.

Thankyou :)
    Wednesday, July 08, 2009 11:18 AM

Answers

• aha - sorted it ;)

I thought i'd try installing it locally and get it pick up the drivers from that, but that didn't work.

Then i went back to epson's website and downloaded the Win XP 64bit driver and used that and it works! Didn't have to install it in a diff compatibility either.

Thanks anyway :)
    Wednesday, July 08, 2009 11:55 AM

All replies

• Unfortunately, most companies are not ready for Windows 7, and they haven't produced any kind of driver. I would suggest checking weekly on the Epson website for an updated driver.
    Hope I helped in some way.
    ŢĤŸ ŤĀĽĶ ŴĂŠ PŐŎŖ, ŢĦƔ ŜĶĺŁĿŞ ƊƚƉ ĿĄĆĶ. ŠĖĔ ƔƍŪ ĄŦ ŁŪMßŘĨĐĜĚ, ŴĤĒŃ ƔƍŬ ĢĔŤ ߥĆĶ
    Wednesday, July 08, 2009 11:25 AM
  • aha - sorted it ;)

I thought i'd try installing it locally and get it pick up the drivers from that, but that didn't work.

Then i went back to epson's website and downloaded the Win XP 64bit driver and used that and it works! Didn't have to install it in a diff compatibility either.

Thanks anyway :)
    Wednesday, July 08, 2009 11:55 AM
  • Unfortunately, most companies are not ready for Windows 7, and they haven't produced any kind of driver. I would suggest checking weekly on the Epson website for an updated driver.
    Hope I helped in some way.
    ŢĤŸ ŤĀĽĶ ŴĂŠ PŐŎŖ, ŢĦƔ ŜĶĺŁĿŞ ƊƚƉ ĿĄĆĶ. ŠĖĔ ƔƍŪ ĄŦ ŁŪMßŘĨĐĜĚ, ŴĤĒŃ ƔƍŬ ĢĔŤ ߥĆĶ
    I am currently looking for drivers myself. It has unfortunately been a year since the last post here was made, and there still are not any updated drivers for this printer on Epson's website. I am about to try the XP x64 driver myself.. We'll see how that goes.
    Thursday, August 19, 2010 7:17 AM
  • i am anable to find driver for Epson stylus photo R300. Please send me how to pix this problem.

Thanks for you

• Proposed as answer by ekanayaka Wednesday, September 22, 2010 5:07 PM
    Wednesday, September 22, 2010 5:07 PM
  • You may have got sorted, but in case anyone else is still trying, heres the answer

Click start >Devices and printers, and a page will open, click on ADD PRINTER> local printer a box will open click on use an existing port,  CHANGE THE PORT TO USB000 OR USB001. when the driver box comes up, click on windows update, when its finished, click epson, then in the other box, scroll till you find Epson Stylus Photo R300(M) Click next then click on replace the current driver, follow the other instructions and your done.

It seems like Epson wont be making drivers for Windows 7

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 4:55 PM