microsoft wireless desktop elite keyboard model no. 1011

• hi daniel,

i bought a hp pavilion with 64 bit and windows 7 and my old key board and mouse don't work that great. i get false triggering with the left mouse click and the #8 keeps triggering, too. i hold the w down and that works for a second or two, but, then stops. i have to hold down the w key again. i also have to press the a key a few times to get that to work and the g key self triggers. the keyboard mouse receiver came with a non usb output and i bought the usb adapter. the usb adapter has a splitter that splits the one usb into the old two non usb's. i installed the 64 bit driver for windows 7 and i still get the same problems. it used to work good on my old computer. can you help me?

chris norton

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 9:44 PM

• Hi,

I suggest testing your old Keyboard and Mouse on another computer.

If the issue persists, it may have compatibility issue on Windows 7 64-bit. If the latest driver cannot fix the issue, you need to contact Microsoft Hardware support to confirm if it can work on Windows 7.

Best Regards,

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, October 03, 2011 10:12 AM

All replies