none
Wireless Network Connection No Longer Working RRS feed

• Question

• I just installed Windows 10 via the update tool (from Win. 7). Before the update, everything was working fine; now, my wireless network adapter cannot be enabled. All of my drivers are up to date, but the config menu says that "No drivers are installed for this device".

From reading through the forums, it seems like I'm not the only one to have this problem. Has anyone found a viable solution, yet?

EDIT: Wired LAN works, still. The router and network work for all other devices in the house.

ADAPTER:

Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230, running Intel driver (4/30/2015 v. 15.18.0.1, signed)

DRIVERS INSTALLED:

• Intel\Wireless\Data_BTHS\IntelHS.cab
    • Intel\Wireless\Data\Driver.msi
    • Intel\Wireless\Data\WiFi.msi
    • Intel\Wireless\Data_BTHS\BTHS.msi
    • Intel\Wireless\Setup.exe
    • Intel\Wireless\Setup.xml
    • NETwew01.sys
    • Netwfw01.dat
    • vwifibus.sys
    • Netwuw03.dll

PC:

Dell Inspiron 7520

Intel Core i5-3210M CPU (2.5GHz); 6GB RAM

64-Bit / x64

Sunday, August 2, 2015 8:45 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hey there!

Well.....i've got the same problem....i'm not able to enable my wireless adapter.
    I must add that first i upgraded my previous windows(W8.1 OEM) to W10 and everything worked seamlessly(including wireless adapter) until i did a clean install of W10.....everything is working fine except the adapter.

Also tried the drivers for N-2230 from manufacturer's site(DELL) aswell as those provided by intel....but none of them worked out.

http,//prntscr,com/80mqvl

and my PC

DELL Inspiron 15R(5521)

Intel Core i7-3517U CPU @ 2.40GHz & 8GB RAM

64-bit OS

P.S.-If u find any solution.....plz do share it!

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 7:45 AM
  • Hi,

It would be better to uninstall the driver and make reinstall for test.

If problem persists, it would be better to try multiple driver version for test.

On the other hand, you can also try to use Driver Verifier to make a check for test:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff545448%28v=vs.85%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 8:50 AM
  • Same issue with me, .. mine DELL inspiron 14z..Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230..

Any solution yet?

Sunday, August 9, 2015 4:03 AM
  • Same issue Dell Inspiron 17R 5721 with Wireless N 2230, might work for an hour or two but frequently completely stops and I have no idea what causes it to start back up again. Going back to Window 8.1 as I've been dealing with it for 4 hours altogether and it's just not worth it to me, especially since I upgraded it only 2 days ago. Ridiculous. 
    Tuesday, January 5, 2016 8:57 PM