none
WIN10 Enterprise Anniversary Update RRS feed

• Question

• We have WIN10 Enterprise on a growing number of PCs in our domain. We're now trying to find a secure (best practise) method to upgrade these with the Anniversary Update. This could be done manually in the beginning but later on using our WSUS server.

But first we need to find the correct installation kit (exe or iso) or an Upgrade Assistant that will work with WIN10 Enterprise. The upgrade assistant I've found so far works well with WIN10 Pro but not with the Enterprise version.

Could anyone please point me to the correct kit (Upgrade Assistant) that wil work with WIN10 Enterprise.

Tia and regards,

Niels Werner Mortensen, UCPH

Friday, September 2, 2016 7:01 AM

Answers

• Hi Niels,

"The upgrade assistant I've found so far works well with WIN10 Pro but not with the Enterprise version.
    Could anyone please point me to the correct kit (Upgrade Assistant) that will work with WIN10 Enterprise."
    Kindly notice that Windows Enterprise edition is different from other editions. Windows Enterprise edition is activated using Volume License. You need contact to Microsoft Licensing Center, download a iso and install to perform a upgrade.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 5, 2016 2:24 AM

All replies

• Contact the domain admin for  WSUS availability  in your environment, the upgrade could be managed by the domain administrator.

You may also download and install  from MSDN subscriber download or, Volume Licensing website.

S.Sengupta, Windows Insider MVP

Saturday, September 3, 2016 11:38 PM
  • Hi Niels,

"The upgrade assistant I've found so far works well with WIN10 Pro but not with the Enterprise version.
    Could anyone please point me to the correct kit (Upgrade Assistant) that will work with WIN10 Enterprise."
    Kindly notice that Windows Enterprise edition is different from other editions. Windows Enterprise edition is activated using Volume License. You need contact to Microsoft Licensing Center, download a iso and install to perform a upgrade.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 5, 2016 2:24 AM