none
Sony Ericcson P1i compatibility with windows 7

Question

• I have a P1i Sonny Ericcson, in windows vista ultimate this work fine but when I install the software in windows 7 this don´t work properly, the USB connection is wrong and the software don´t recognize the connection. I have the last software version and w7 don´t recognize the USB connection. I installed the original drivers from the CD and don´t work, used the windows update and same. Do you can help me?
    Friday, June 19, 2009 9:56 PM

Answers

• I've now gotten this to work in Windows 7 x64.
    But here's how you do it:
    You need to get a driver package, google for "p1_usb_signed_drivers" (p1_usb_signed_drivers.rar).

This assumes that: 1. you don't have any drivers installed, 2. you don't have PC Suite installed. Otherwise you may need to do the steps differently.

1. Install PC Suite for Sony Ericsson from their support site, the version for your device, and restart.
    2. Connect your phone to the USB cable and let it install the wrong drivers that it does automatically automatically.
    3. Uninstall old drivers (very important, in device manager uninstall and check the "delete drivers" checkbox on: "Ports Com&LPT->Sony Ericsson ... something", "Universal Serial Bus Controllers->Sony Ericsson ... somethin" (there should be 2 listed))
    4. Disconnect your phone from USB
    5. Restart windows
    6. Unpack the p1_usb_signed_drivers package
    7. Right click the setup.exe and choose "Vista" compatibility mode, apply.
    8. Right click the setup.exe and choose run as administrator and install
    (If there are any errors with this driver package you will have to uninstall and reinstall it and reboot until it works, and maybe try other compatibility modes)
    9. If the drivers were successfully installed, disconnect from the Internet, so that it doesn't automatically download wrong drivers when you connect your phone.
    10. Once disconnected from the Internet, connect your phone, and it should find the drivers and the mrouter driver.

You may need to do the steps differently if you don't have the drivers already installed, or PC suite already installed.

pc suite
    Monday, September 14, 2009 9:14 AM

All replies

• Me neither! I tried to update all drivers, reinstall PC Suite, reinstall Windows 7, reinstalled BT and USB connection, etc.. Internet forums don't help at all.... Just couldn't make it work.
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 6:29 PM
  • I also have this problem, when I connect the phone it finds drivers and installs them but they might be wrong and PC Suite is unable to detect that the device is connected. This is a critical issue for me as I need to sync my device. Thank you
    • Proposed as answer by Patrickbevk Thursday, December 24, 2009 8:47 PM
    Monday, September 14, 2009 6:53 AM
  • I've now gotten this to work in Windows 7 x64.
    But here's how you do it:
    You need to get a driver package, google for "p1_usb_signed_drivers" (p1_usb_signed_drivers.rar).

This assumes that: 1. you don't have any drivers installed, 2. you don't have PC Suite installed. Otherwise you may need to do the steps differently.

1. Install PC Suite for Sony Ericsson from their support site, the version for your device, and restart.
    2. Connect your phone to the USB cable and let it install the wrong drivers that it does automatically automatically.
    3. Uninstall old drivers (very important, in device manager uninstall and check the "delete drivers" checkbox on: "Ports Com&LPT->Sony Ericsson ... something", "Universal Serial Bus Controllers->Sony Ericsson ... somethin" (there should be 2 listed))
    4. Disconnect your phone from USB
    5. Restart windows
    6. Unpack the p1_usb_signed_drivers package
    7. Right click the setup.exe and choose "Vista" compatibility mode, apply.
    8. Right click the setup.exe and choose run as administrator and install
    (If there are any errors with this driver package you will have to uninstall and reinstall it and reboot until it works, and maybe try other compatibility modes)
    9. If the drivers were successfully installed, disconnect from the Internet, so that it doesn't automatically download wrong drivers when you connect your phone.
    10. Once disconnected from the Internet, connect your phone, and it should find the drivers and the mrouter driver.

You may need to do the steps differently if you don't have the drivers already installed, or PC suite already installed.

pc suite
    Monday, September 14, 2009 9:14 AM
  • Thanks sooo much. It really worked with my p1i.
    I've followed your steps and everything worked perfectly.
    Sonyericsson support suggs!
    I have sent them e-mails and called them too, no help!

cheers,

DaRafman
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 4:09 PM
  • Works great for me, thanks a lot!

(german: hat wunderbar funktioniert bei mir!)

-Windows 7 / x64
    -PC Suite 1.5.26
    -Outlook 2007 /SP2
    -"p1_usb_signed_drivers.rar"
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 9:03 PM
  • Thanks a lot. I followed your instruction to the last letter and it works perfectly.

Best regards,
    Bjorn

| Dell Studio XPS | Win 7 64-bit Swedish | PC Suite 1.5.26 |
    Sunday, October 25, 2009 7:55 PM
  • Hello!
    Thank you very much! Description was great! I also managed to establish a connection between the P1 and PC! Thanks!
    Friday, October 30, 2009 12:38 AM
  • Merci beaucoup,
    je teste ca ce soir!
    Monday, November 09, 2009 1:43 PM
  • Formidable
    ca a marché du premier coup!
    pour info : mon téléphone P1i avec le firmware R9K009 et sony ericsson pc suite 1.5.26
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 12:17 PM
  • thx ,
    it work with my p1i and windows 7 (64bit)
    thankyou again..
    Friday, December 04, 2009 11:25 PM
  • Reality is that the pack noted as "p1_usb_signed_drivers package" contains drivers created in 2007 while the drivers that Sony Ericsson has packed with PC Suite 1.5.26 were 2008 generation.  I have done the floowing with x64 Widnows 7 Ultimate:

Disconnected any Sony Ericsson Phone from the laptop
               Uninstalled PC Suite 1.5.26
               Restarted the laptop
               Right clicked on the PC Suite 1.5.26 installer and slected the compatibility tab
               Chose Vista ( no service packs ) compatibility and selected "run as administor"
               Ran the setup as normal
               Restarted the laptop
               Disabled blutooth in m-Router (bluetooth always worked, the only issue I had was USB backup and media transfer)
               Connected the phone and there you go
               Now you can do your backups and transfer audio files with ease.

Cheers
    Friday, January 15, 2010 8:30 AM
  • Hi Sadly didn't work for me - maybe becuase I have 32 bit w7? also, is there a creepfree version of a rar unzipper? I did find one but my spyware programme freaked out at some of the potential downloads.
    thanks for the info anyway.
    Saturday, January 30, 2010 10:38 AM
  • I have a little Sony-Ericsson Z520a (Java phone)
    Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit)
    Outlook 2007

Before installing the software ... to get the drivers, I just connected the phone via USB and it seems to get them all from Windows Update.

I tried installing Sony Ericsson PC Suite v2.10.46 (the last one listed for my phone). It used to work fine on Vista-32, but on this machine is caused some major problems (like Windows Explorer crashes constantly, Outlook locking up, etc.). Luckily, it un-installed properly and machine was back to it's old stable self.

EDIT: After reviewing the system logs, it seems it was having a problem with or installing ecsepm.cpl (Control Panel icon).

Instead I found MyPhoneExplorer v1.8 and it works fine to do the basic sync. http://www.fjsoft.at/en/

This should get me by until I get my smart-phone. I'm not sure what all phones it supports, but if it works with my old one ... I bet it's a bunch.

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 6:42 AM