none
Bit Locker Issue RRS feed

• Question

• My laptop is locked with Bit Locker and I dont have password and recovery key. Dont know how this happened. Windows 10 Pro was updating and while updating it was rebooted couple of times and then all drives locked. I have checked in Microsoft account but recovery key is not generated over there.  I have important data on it so need my data back. Please help me on this.
    Wednesday, January 22, 2020 6:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in TechNet.

Do you have a backup of the recovery key?

Unfortunately, if you do not have password and recovery key, using data recovery software or contacting a data company is suggested.

Best Regards,

Eric

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 2:01 PM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Eric

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 5, 2020 4:52 PM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using other’s reply, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Eric

Monday, February 10, 2020 3:58 PM