none
Simple form in PowerApps - Annoying Trial request RRS feed

• Question

• We are in the process of migrating around 5000 users to SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. I think most have been migrated and I want to replicate a form I created in Sharepoint On-Prem using Infopath forms to allow users to request a new team site.

There was a suggestion to use Powerapps instead of Infopath forms as Infopath forms will end soon.

Created powerapp form that works but after development found that when users tested this they are all being asked to sign up for a 30 day trial in PowerApps. 

This I fear will stop many simple form submissions in its tracks and annoy users when they expected to just complete a simple form with a few questions. Now they are being asked sign up for something they now nothing about and furthermore need to read agreements and accept it before they can submit the form.

Is there a way to avoid all 5000 users having to sign up for this?

• Edited by GTEM Thursday, October 17, 2019 10:46 AM
    Thursday, October 17, 2019 10:45 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

PowerApps is a per-user based standalone service apart from SharePoint Online. Each user needs a license to user PowerApps in Office365.

If you want the users to get access to PowerApps Trial plan without being asked to register themselves, you can manually assign license to them via Microsoft 365 admin center > Users > Active users > Licenses and Apps and select Microsoft PowerApps Plan Trial.

You can also assign licenses with PowerShell.

Here are your references.

PowerApps and Microsoft Flow licensing FAQs.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/powerapps-flow-licensing-faq

Find the right PowerApps plan for you.

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/

Assign licenses to user accounts with Office 365 PowerShell.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/enterprise/powershell/assign-licenses-to-user-accounts-with-office-365-powershell#use-the-microsoft-azure-active-directory-module-for-windows-powershell

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by GTEM Monday, October 21, 2019 8:51 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by GTEM Monday, October 21, 2019 8:52 AM
    • Marked as answer by GTEM Monday, October 21, 2019 9:00 AM
    Friday, October 18, 2019 5:50 AM
  • Hi,

I'm checking how it is going on with this issue.

Please remember to update this thread if you have any progress.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, October 21, 2019 7:56 AM
  • Thank you for a very detailed response, I will mark as answer (although admit that I have not read all the details in all the links you have provided)

Have I got this wrong, or does it seem over the top, that simply to provide users the ability to complete a form, they need to have a powerapp subscription at $40 per month (whether they complete a form or not) .

As we have around 5000 users, this cost comes in at £200 000 per month?

Unless I do have this wrong I think I can see a good reason to look for another product to use for forms instead of PowerApps.

Monday, October 21, 2019 8:59 AM
  • Hi,

Based on this document, there are two types of PowerApps plans available in Office 365, PowerApps per app plan and PowerApps per user plan. Each type is based on users, but the licenses are not charged per user. 

For example, if you are using Microsoft PowerApps Plan 2 Trial subscription, you can assign PowerApps licenses to 10000 users in your environment, which you can check via Microsoft 365 admin center > Billing > Licenses. That is to say, you only have to purchase once for 5000 users.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Monday, October 21, 2019 9:50 AM
  • Ah!  Okay that sounds a lot better. Thank you for following up on this. You have saved the day. Much appreciated.
    Monday, October 21, 2019 10:10 AM