none
L1C63x64.sys DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Bluescreen Windows 8.1 x64

Question

• Hi,

since a few days I have several bluescreens while working on my machine. Windows blames L1c63x64.sys, which is the driver for "Qualcomm Atheros AR8161 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30)".

I downloaded the newest driver from: http://www.qca.qualcomm.com/corporate/content.php?nav1=146 and installed different drivers a few times.
    However, nothing helped, I am still getting bluescreens.

Additional information: I have the feeling it crashes more often when I'm uploading something (for example videos to YouTube (with around 100kb/s)

Here are the dump files (I added the date to each filename): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4148wcwrvyz63xl/v0DvZ7wqz1

I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance,

Alexander

• Edited by AlexanderNa Tuesday, December 3, 2013 8:27 PM
    Thursday, November 28, 2013 12:51 AM

Answers

• AN

All Eight were Related to ifM60x32.sysQualcomm Atheros Ar81xx series PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller from Qualcomm Atheros Co., Ltd.  (I didnt download the MEMORY.DMP because of its size)

Yours is dated July 18,2012/  I suspect there is a newer version. 

I would re-install the newest version available and if there is no newer version you can install the current version (re-install what ever version as drivers do become corrupt) in compatibility mode.

To Run in compatibility mode do the following:

Right click the installer>properties>compatibility>choose OS

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Make-older-programs-run-in-this-version-of-Windows?SignedIn=1

BugCheck D1, {0, 2, 0, fffff80001c75cb3}
    Probably caused by : L1C63x64.sys ( L1C63x64+6cb3 )
    ¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``
    BugCheck D1, {0, 2, 0, fffff80004a064ca}
    Probably caused by : L1C63x64.sys ( L1C63x64+64ca )
    ¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``
    BugCheck D1, {0, 2, 0, fffff80002b994ca}

Other possible issues

You have dtsoftbus01.sys (either daemon tools or Alcohol120) which is a know cause of BSOD'S.  I would remove and replace with MagicISO

Old driver needing updating or replacing

xusb21.sys    4/8/2009 9:28:44 AM   

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Thursday, November 28, 2013 1:29 AM

All replies

• AN

All Eight were Related to ifM60x32.sysQualcomm Atheros Ar81xx series PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller from Qualcomm Atheros Co., Ltd.  (I didnt download the MEMORY.DMP because of its size)

Yours is dated July 18,2012/  I suspect there is a newer version. 

I would re-install the newest version available and if there is no newer version you can install the current version (re-install what ever version as drivers do become corrupt) in compatibility mode.

To Run in compatibility mode do the following:

Right click the installer>properties>compatibility>choose OS

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Make-older-programs-run-in-this-version-of-Windows?SignedIn=1

BugCheck D1, {0, 2, 0, fffff80001c75cb3}
    Probably caused by : L1C63x64.sys ( L1C63x64+6cb3 )
    BugCheck D1, {0, 2, 0, fffff80004a064ca}
    BugCheck D1, {0, 2, 0, fffff80002b994ca}

Other possible issues

You have dtsoftbus01.sys (either daemon tools or Alcohol120) which is a know cause of BSOD'S.  I would remove and replace with MagicISO

Old driver needing updating or replacing

xusb21.sys    4/8/2009 9:28:44 AM   

Thursday, November 28, 2013 1:29 AM
  • Thanks for this fast reply!

I uninstalled Avast (which was my latest installed program) and also Deamon Tools. I don't think that Daemon Tools caused it, because this program is installed since I set up the PC and i have not used or updated it in the last time. But maybe it helps.

As I wrote, I already installed the latest driver from qualcomm.com whic should be version 2.1.0.21.
    I also checked the page for my motherboard (Gigabyte GA-H77-D3H) for new drivers, but they offer the same version (2.1.0.21) which I already installed from qualcomm.

So I uninstalled the Qualcomm driver, restarted and now Windows automatically installed a Microsoft Driver (version 2.1.0.16) dated to 01/04/2013.

I will now wait for the next BSOD. If it occurs, I will post the new DMP and also install the driver provided by Gigabyte...

http://www.alexandernaehring.eu/

Thursday, November 28, 2013 9:47 AM
  • Hi, 

Any update on your issue, please post back the dump file. 

Thanks for your cooperation. 

Kate Li
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 28, 2013 12:26 PM
  • Since my last post everything went fine and I thought the problem is fixed now, however today the BSOD striked again :(

The dmp file and other possible usefull information can be found here (the same folder I already shared in my first post): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4148wcwrvyz63xl/v0DvZ7wqz1

The files regarding the BSOD that occurred a few minutes ago are in the 2013-11-30 folder or the zip file with the same name.

• Edited by AlexanderNa Saturday, November 30, 2013 2:23 PM
    Saturday, November 30, 2013 2:14 PM
  • AN

Still Related to L1C60x64.sys Atheros L1c PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller from Atheros Communications, Inc.  You may need to either contact Atheros for a beta driver or think about using a different controller/device

BugCheck D1, {0, 2, 0, fffff80001a75bc3}
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for L1C60x64.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for L1C60x64.sys
    Probably caused by : L1C60x64.sys ( L1C60x64+6bc3 )

Saturday, November 30, 2013 11:36 PM
  • I'm fully aware that it's still the network driver which causes the BSODs. However, I believe that this problem is more related to Windows respectively another program that maybe interferes with the driver than the driver / device itself. It just annoys me to completely set up my PC in order to have a clean installation of Win 8.1.

Maybe I'll go back to Win7 where I don't had problems in years... (Or maybe someone has a magical tip for me what could be causing the BSODs.)

• Edited by AlexanderNa Sunday, December 1, 2013 12:14 AM
    Sunday, December 1, 2013 12:11 AM
  • I installed Avast after the problems occured and uninstalled it after a full system scan.
    Tuesday, December 3, 2013 8:25 PM
  • Three years later I'm having the same issue with that driver (x86 version L1C62x86.sys)

Yesterday I upgraded VirtualBox to v5.0.18 r106667, today I'm having random BSODs!

I'll try using Microsoft's driver as you said above.

Regards.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 5:09 PM
  • I am having this same issue as AlexanderNA. My BSODs usally are happening when I have an online video playing or am streaming music through a service such as Pandora (although it has happened when not doing those things but is very rare). This issue started within a week of upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10. I have reinstalled the driver from scratch as outlined in other t/s steps. 

Wondering if there is any update or if the issue was resolved by switching network drivers.

Thanks

Monday, February 20, 2017 11:43 PM
  • I have been having this exact problem for about a year and haven't found any solution.
    Atheros AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS 6.20
    The only program i remember installing before it started was MS Network Monitor 3.4

The system usually bsods at L1C62x86.sys after doing some uploads. It doesn't seem related to the data amount, but more to the packet amount i think as running PingPlotter after usually triggers a bsod after a few hours, sometimes even minutes.

Thursday, March 1, 2018 9:12 PM
  • This thread is old.

The behavior and software and hardware drivers, and hardware, etc. can vary in each computer.

Open a new thread and post a link into this thread.

To evaluate the BSOD please post logs for troubleshooting.

Using administrative command prompt copy and paste this whole command:

Make sure the default language is English so that the logs can be scanned and read.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3813-language-add-remove-change-windows-10-a.html

The command will automatically collect the computer files and place them on the desktop.

Then use one drive or drop box to place share links into the thread for troubleshooting.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Share-OneDrive-files-and-folders-9fcc2f7d-de0c-4cec-93b0-a82024800c07

It will automatically collect these files:  msinfo32, dxdiag, mini dumps, drivers, hosts, install, uninstall, services, startup, event viewer files, etc.

Open administrative command prompt and copy and paste the whole command:

copy %SystemRoot%\minidump\*.dmp "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\"&dxdiag /t %Temp%\dxdiag.txt&copy %Temp%\dxdiag.txt "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SFdebugFiles\"&type %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts >> "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\hosts.txt"&systeminfo > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt"&driverquery /v > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\drivers.txt" &msinfo32 /nfo "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\msinfo32.nfo"&wevtutil qe System /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\eventlog.txt"&reg export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\uninstall.txt"&reg export "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\installed.txt"&net start > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\services.txt"&REM wmic startup list full /format:htable >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.html"&wmic STARTUP GET Caption, Command, User >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.txt"

There is 1 file for you to find manually:  memory dump file:

C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP

Use file explorer > this PC > local C: drive > right upper corner search enter each of the above to find results.

Sometimes the dxdiag file needs to be found and saved manually:  In the left lower corner search type:  dxdiag > When the DirectX Diagnostic Tool opens click on the next page button so that each tab is opened > click on save all information > save to desktop > post one drive or drop box share link into the thread

Open a new thread and post a link into this thread.

Thursday, March 1, 2018 10:01 PM