none
WinTV-HVR-1300 MCE

Question

• I've got the latest drivers from Hauppauge but when i try to load a program to record a vhs tape to my pc it cannot initialize the video hardware\driver, but it works fine in xp.
    Sunday, September 27, 2009 1:43 AM

Answers

• Hi, you should try to install the driver in Windows XP compatible mode since Windows 7 is not listed in the System Requirements of WinTV-HVR-1300.

Follow the steps below to install the latest driver in compatible mode.

Right-click on the driver executable/installer file -> Properties and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows XP SP2 in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver via Run as administrator.

Try to record a vhs tape now.

Besides, you can also try to install WinTV-HVR-1300 Media Center Kit. Please also install it in compatible mode since it is also designed for Windows XP and Windows Vista.

I wish my suggestions will be helpful.

Cecilia Zhou
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Wednesday, September 30, 2009 11:03 AM
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 4:34 AM
  • http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=17683

Might want to keep an eye on that thread.  They say that this is a supported piece of hardware for Windows 7, but they don't mention the minimum driver version required for it to work.  Take a look at other posts in that forum to see if someone else posts a success story with the latest shipping version.
    Want to know if your hardware will work on Windows 7? Check out these links: **Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor ** **Microsoft Logo'd Hardware List**
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 5:16 AM

All replies

• Hi, you should try to install the driver in Windows XP compatible mode since Windows 7 is not listed in the System Requirements of WinTV-HVR-1300.

Follow the steps below to install the latest driver in compatible mode.

Right-click on the driver executable/installer file -> Properties and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows XP SP2 in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver via Run as administrator.

Try to record a vhs tape now.

Besides, you can also try to install WinTV-HVR-1300 Media Center Kit. Please also install it in compatible mode since it is also designed for Windows XP and Windows Vista.

I wish my suggestions will be helpful.

Cecilia Zhou
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 4:34 AM
  • http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=17683

Might want to keep an eye on that thread.  They say that this is a supported piece of hardware for Windows 7, but they don't mention the minimum driver version required for it to work.  Take a look at other posts in that forum to see if someone else posts a success story with the latest shipping version.
    Want to know if your hardware will work on Windows 7? Check out these links: **Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor ** **Microsoft Logo'd Hardware List**
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 5:16 AM