none
Looking for and correcting potential issue, after falling for "Internet Security Alert" scam ("Code=055BCCAC9FEC" using ph. 1-877-269-9094)

Question

• Sending to MS TechNet support: Using windows 10 pc, my computer management screens had a list of events.  Both of the suggested links did not produce results. The first <https://go.microsoft.co/fwlink/?linkid=832647>results came back with a "404-Content Not Found/Microsoft Docs";the second link with <microsoft.com/ EVENT (=360) log online help> clicked YES (for w/ info: Product Name=Microsoft Op System,Product Version=10.0.16299.15, Event ID=360, Event Source=Microsoft-Windows-User Device Registration, Locale ID=1033) and it came back "Page Not Found". I had experienced an INTRUSION and fell for an online scam "Internet Securit Alert" Code=055BCCAC9FEC " via a link from an email (Contact MS Windows Tech support via 877-269-9094 phone number) on yahoo using Chrome browser. I fell for and called the phone. He worked me thru all his steps, allowing them access to my pc remotely ...steps w/ the rkill ... all to the end.  Towards the end I knew everything was wrong so I finally refused their costly "fix".  Afterwards searched online and I found that this was really a scam.  So, please alert others and help resolve any issues and assure me my windows defender is correcting everything on the pc with the built-in RESTORE process I followed days later.  Since the links have not helped, can technet/you help identify events thus to verify and then support my attempt at trying to resolve any outstanding inconsistencies on my own accord? Thanks in advance.  P.S. So far I have not found any unfamiliar downloaded software listing.
    Saturday, January 20, 2018 12:53 AM