none
Volume Shadow Copy component has encountered an error with code 0x80042302.

General discussion

• Hello. I have problem with restore my PC from Windows AIK PE 3.0 boot CD.  I have backup system drive on disk label D: I restore this backup used wbadmin after boot Windows PE 2.0 CD (OPK). Restore disk C: work fine. My problem is in Windows PE 3.0 CD (AIK). Must be instaled for local restore system drive winpe-srt.cab packade? In AIK not exists, it is big problem for users.

Local restore work only from OPK ??? What i install OPK 3.0 with winpe-srt.cab, wbadmin work fine. Where is problem in AIK ?????

I use similary command and wbadmin in AIK write:

Volume Shadow Copy component has encountered an error with code 0x80042302 and exiting. Where is problem?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Command for restore system drive for both install is: wbadmin start sysrecovery -version:09/10/2010-19:38 -backupTarget:D: -quiet

For backup i use: wbadmin start backup -backupTarget:D: -include:C: -quiet

My final test:

Wbadmin restore system drive work from network in all version Windows PE OPK and AIK. Restore from D: to C: (from local drive) work only in Windows OPK 2.0 and 3.0 with instaled winpe-srt.cab. Where is problem in AIK ??? In AIK is wbadmin too, work only from network drive. Problem is in Registry settings or in files ??? Is based problem.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 11:54 AM

All replies

• hello, I have the same problem like you.

I installed the WAIK3,and custem a WinPE3.0, the following command line in the PE3.0 :

wbadmin get versions -backuptarget:d:

return an error with code 0x80042302.

I haven't find the winpe-srt.cab in the fold of the WAIK3.

You mean the command line will correct to be executed that copy a winpe-srt.cab from OPK to WAIK fold and custom a PE3.0?

wince
    Friday, November 05, 2010 12:32 PM