none
sony vaio vpceb3e1e RRS feed

• Question

• my laptop a sony vaio VPCEB3E1E  will no longer detect the built in webcam and i have searched everywhere for the driver with no success any help would be greatly appreciated
    Thursday, December 5, 2013 12:59 PM

Answers

• Get this checked from Sony.

Arnav Sharma | Facebook | Twitter Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, December 6, 2013 4:32 PM
  • Hi,

As I known, for the built-in webcam, the driver should be preinstalled or located on the driver disc OEM provided.

I suggest we can try to update the driver from Device manager. (go to Device Manager, right click your hardware device in the list and select Update Driver Software; then click Search automatically for updated driver software )

In addition, regarding this hardware related issue, your best strategy for fixing this is to go to the Sony support website as amavsharma mentioned and check for updated drivers for that computer. Most built-in webcams are supported with proprietary, custom drivers developed by the PC manufacturer.

For your convenience: http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/flash/hub_cons.html

Please Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 9, 2013 1:40 AM

All replies

• Get this checked from Sony.

Arnav Sharma | Facebook | Twitter Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, December 6, 2013 4:32 PM
  • Hi,

As I known, for the built-in webcam, the driver should be preinstalled or located on the driver disc OEM provided.

I suggest we can try to update the driver from Device manager. (go to Device Manager, right click your hardware device in the list and select Update Driver Software; then click Search automatically for updated driver software )

In addition, regarding this hardware related issue, your best strategy for fixing this is to go to the Sony support website as amavsharma mentioned and check for updated drivers for that computer. Most built-in webcams are supported with proprietary, custom drivers developed by the PC manufacturer.

For your convenience: http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/flash/hub_cons.html

Please Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 9, 2013 1:40 AM
  • I have the same problem. The webcam on my Sony VaioVPCEB3E1E  is no longer detected and cannot be used in Skype.

Sony no longer supports the old Vista drivers and there is no Windows 7 driver for this Ricoh webcam in 32 bits.

I think this happened during an upgrade this year, either Skype or Windws 7.

Please help!

Sunday, August 18, 2019 8:03 PM