none
World of Warcraft?

Answers

• If it runs on Vista it should run just fine under Windows 7.  Of course, that's no guarantee as there are other dependencies (video drivers for example) that may need to updated first.

Joe
    Thursday, January 08, 2009 7:08 PM
  • Code is Art said:

Has anyone tested whether WoW runs on W7? 

i tested it with nvidia vista 180.x driver and it works fine
    i also tested crysis and tomb raider underworld and it runs and runs and runs :-)
    • Marked as answer by Code is Art Thursday, January 08, 2009 8:35 PM
    Thursday, January 08, 2009 7:46 PM

All replies

• If it runs on Vista it should run just fine under Windows 7.  Of course, that's no guarantee as there are other dependencies (video drivers for example) that may need to updated first.

Joe
    Thursday, January 08, 2009 7:08 PM
  • Code is Art said:

i tested it with nvidia vista 180.x driver and it works fine
    i also tested crysis and tomb raider underworld and it runs and runs and runs :-)
    • Marked as answer by Code is Art Thursday, January 08, 2009 8:35 PM
    Thursday, January 08, 2009 7:46 PM
  • Good to know, thanks!
    Thursday, January 08, 2009 8:36 PM
  • Code is Art said:

I tried to launch my games with newly available WDDM 1.1 drivers and all the games I have working perfectly.

Impossible is nothing
    Friday, January 09, 2009 4:25 AM
  • Runs better than it did on Vista with this rig.
    Sunday, January 11, 2009 1:32 AM
  • Levarris said:

Runs better than it did on Vista with this rig.

Most of my applications run considerably better on win 7 than they did on vista. (speed wise). World of warcraft runs flawlessly, as does Eve-Online (for those who play it). I'll start running through my games list testing them all, but everything works fine so far.
    Sunday, January 11, 2009 1:42 AM
  • Just to add another positive to this. Works fine. All my games do, bar GTAIV, but that related to an IE8 issue affecting me logging into live. Its not GTAIV itself. 
    Sunday, January 11, 2009 3:03 AM
  • Works just fine for me and with the new Nvidia drivers I have noticed and increase in my framerate. Horray!

Alliance ftw :P
    Sunday, January 11, 2009 4:23 AM
  • confirmed it works great in windows7 :)
    Thursday, January 15, 2009 3:37 AM
  • I can't seem to install an addon (bar mod) Bartender4 and have it work, has anyone done this yet and if so how ?
    thanks

Monday, January 19, 2009 8:42 PM
  • Matthew Moak said:

Works just fine for me and with the new Nvidia drivers I have noticed and increase in my framerate. Horray!

Alliance ftw :P

Where are you guys getting these new Nvidia drivers? I checked the beta section and could only find 181.84 beta which is for vista....

bl_33 said:

I can't seem to install an addon (bar mod) Bartender4 and have it work, has anyone done this yet and if so how ?
    thanks

I use WoWInterface downloader to download SpartanUI which comes with BT4, it installed it all for me. Try that. Also ensure that your addons are actually enabled at the Enter Realm screen.
    Monday, January 19, 2009 9:19 PM
  • I tried to run world of warcraft after installing W7 and as soon as i get to the character select screen the game crashes...i've updated my ATI video card drivers, direct x and anything else i can think of....can somebody please help?

i'm very anxious to see if W7 improves gameplay with my system.

-Loren
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 1:18 AM
  • Where are you guys getting these new Nvidia drivers? I checked the beta section and could only find 181.84 beta which is for vista....

Umm... they've been coming automatically through Windows Update. As a matter of fact I just bought a new 512 card and Win 7 installed it automatically. Handy!
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 12:13 AM
  • Still running 7000 (x64) when I switch to that hard drive -- WOW ran beautifully for me with one exception.  I could never get it to patch.  Compatibility mode, administrator, whatever... the patcher would download but would never install.  I always had to boot back to Vista (x32), patch up that WOW installation then copy it over to my W7 drive (I keep separate copies).
    If I am allowed to download and fresh install the RC, I'll try again - will be interesting to see how that install goes.
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 4:56 PM
  • It ran just fine for me, until I got a windows update ... that, or the video driver I got for windows 7 64 bit for my 9800GT... I tried driver rollback, that didn't work. Since I got both windows updates and the driver at the same time I can't say which did it.

It ran better than it did on Vista. But now, all the red is displaced to the left about an inch, and the rest of the colors are where they are suppose to be. It looks all messed up--but it does run still. I just dual boot and play on Vista still until I figure it out.

Edit:
    Specs

2.5ghz Quad AMD Phenom
    4GB DDR2 (1033mhz)
    500GB SATA II
    9800 GT (1GB)
    19" WS LCD
    Onboard 7.1 Audio (5.1 Speakers)
    1 GB Ethernet Onboard
    Sunday, June 14, 2009 5:33 PM
  • WoW runs beautifully in 7. as for driver problems for video cards, that's an issue for the company that made the card. there's already Windows 7 drivers for nVidia cards, not sure about all of them but the Vista ones work in 7 as well if there's not a 7 Driver yet (it seems that IF the cardis model 7xxx + it'll have a Windows 7 driver, if not it'll point you to the Vista one). Also, i have no idea if ATX has Windows 7 drivers for their cards available.... IMO, it would be dumb to not have some available, but then again a lot of companies seem to try to make MS look bad by not providing drivers for MS's new OS's until about 1 to 3 months after the OS is released. but the Vista drivers should work fine anyway.

On my PC, WoW in Vista ran at about 30 fps average, with plummeting to even as low as 1 depending on what's going on... with the same video settings, on the same PC i get an average of 60 fps in Windows 7 and it rarely drops below 55. yes, i know a little bit about computers and I myself would have an incredibly hard time believeing someone if they said that but I assure you I'm not lieing. with all the ____ Blizzard has been doing to "improve" the graphics of WoW, Windows 7 (so far) looks to be WoW's best friend. (I used to get about 45 FPS in WoW in Vista before the 3.0.2 patch)

My setup:
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.6 Ghz (Dual Core incase u dono what the x2 means.)
    nVidia GeForce 8500 GTX 1GB RAM
    4 GB DDR2 6400 RAM

~Scott.
    Sunday, June 14, 2009 6:56 PM
  • Yes it does.... I installed it and have been playing it for several weeks.  No problem!
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 5:18 AM