none
task scheduler task deleted by NT AUTHORITY\system- event 141

Question

• recently rebuilt some tasks in my task scheduler after a windows update caused several tasks to be corrupted.

all went fine except the task "ConvertLogEntries"

i successfully added that task, and according to history it ran a few times. then at one point a few days ago it was deleted.
    the history entry says"
    "user NT AUTHORITY\System" deleted task scheduler task ...

does anyone know why this happened? according to the microsoft help i was able to find, this action and the event code 141 describing it is "normal and not of concern"

that's a bit confusing to me, as i don't see why that particular task would just be automatically deleted for "normal" reasons.
    the task was present before the scheduler became corrupted and had to be fixed, so i assume it should be in there.

any help?
    Saturday, November 12, 2011 4:00 AM

Answers

• Hi,

This issue may be caused by certain programs running in the background.

What about to restart the computer to check?

What about to disable the third party security programs and boot in Clean Boot to check if the issue persists?

Also, please provide the detailed event log for our further research:

·         Event Log

========================

1. Click "Start", input "eventvwr" (without quotation marks) in the Search bar and press Enter.

2. Right click on "Application" on the left frame, choose "Save Log file As"; in the pop-up window, click to choose the Desktop icon on the left frame, input "app" in the "File name" blank, and then click “Save”.

3. Right click on "System", with the same method, save it as "sys".

4. Locate the two saved log files on the Desktop and send them to us.

You can refer to the following link to upload the information:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Tuesday, November 22, 2011 4:14 AM
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 7:39 AM